Chapter - 24

Recap: Avinash propose a deal with Jitesh to postpone the wedding to 6 months and give up his shares to Sitara.

***************

Sumanth lead Krithika to the adjacent room and everyone followed them. Amidst the shocked faces around her, Krithika received the papers and a pen from Sumanth to sign them but was stopped by Bhavna who yanked the papers away from Krithika.

Bhavna: Krithi, are you mad to sign some papers without knowing what is in it ? What if he has mentioned that we should leave the mansion post your marriage ?

Krithika yanked the papers from Bhavna and sat on the couch. Placing the papers on the teapoy before her she looked at her mother and Mythili who were ready to rage a war against Avinash.

Krithika: I m might be your blood but I grew up seeing my brother and I trust him. After all these years I got a chance to embrace his love and care so even if he has decided to throw us out of the mansion, I will do that with the whole of my heart cause that is nothing before what you did to him.

She signed the papers and returned it to Sumanth.

Sumanth: Sir must be waiting for you in the hall for the engagement. 

Krithika nodded her head with all excitement and made her way to the hall. She saw Jitesh and Avinash waiting and Avinash smiled at her, a true one she had ever seen.

Avinash held Sitara's hand and pulled her to stand beside him and wrapped his arm around her waist gesturing Jitesh and Krithika to proceed with the engagement. The couples exchanged the rings and flowers showered on them with cheers from the family and the guest. 

Mythili: Congratulations to the most sweetest couple and we are happy to announce the wedding date being fixed.

Jitesh interrupted and took over the mic from her. He held Krithika's hand ready to address the guest.

Jitesh: Thank you everyone for gracing this night and blessing us on our special night. I would like to inform that me and Krithika have decided that we will tie the knot in six months. We wanted to enjoy this phase of being betrothed.

Krithika looked at Jitesh and knew it must have something to do with Avinash so she smiled at him but their parents weren't happy with the decision. Soon after the announcement was made Mythili pulled Jitesh and Krithika to a room with Bhavna tailing them.

Mythili: Are you mad Jitesh, why would you postpone the wedding to six months ?

Bhavna: Does Avinash has something to do in this decision ?

Jitesh: He has offered me to be the CEO of his business in Brazil and prove my love for Krithika. I agreed to his offer and next week I will be leaving to Brazil.

Mythili: I knew it, he did this to part you both. why don't you understand that this is his sick game against us ? Why did you agree to his words ?

Krithika: Aunty, you are talking about my brother and what is wrong if he wanted Jitesh to prove himself ? He just wanted to be sure that I m in safe hands. I m happy that he cares about me and he is not be blamed when both the family has such a bad history when it comes to love and marriage. I m sorry, I didn't mean to hurt anyone.

Bhavna: your blind love for your brother will end you in a worse state and there would be none to help you other then your own blood.

Krithika: That is all you know about bro but he is much more than you think of him and you won't even understand in this life.

Krithika left the room with Bhavna while Mythili held the collars of Jitesh gritting her teeth.

Mythili: Why did you agree to his words ? Why didn't you think of consulting with me before you gave into his words ? How dare you go against me ?