𝙿𝚎𝚛e𝚌𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 Brielle

𝒫ℯ𝓇𝒸𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 ℰ𝓈𝓂ℯ𝓇𝒶𝓁𝒹𝒶

"My nightmares are usually losing you."

Captain Brielle was a pirate and a slayer of monsters from Greek mythology. She loved the sea and commanded a loyal crew. During the ten-year Trojan War, she aided the Greeks and helped the King of Ithaca find his way home, as she knew the location of nearly every kingdom.

While in the Underworld searching for the blind prophet Tiresias, he foretold her future, revealing she would be cursed by a sea witch, though she had never heard of such a witch before. One day, they sailed through the pastures of Helios' cattle. Brielle knew this was a bad idea, but Odysseus' crew ate the cattle, and they both paid for it.

Brielle found herself on the island of the sea witch, where she was cursed. The sea witch took half of her soul in exchange for a deal. She told Brielle there was only one way to break the spell: If the son of the sea could love her, and she must love him back. Only a true love's kiss would free her from the curse.

"Please, Percy, you don't understand. I didn't want you to be stuck in this mess that I've been cursed with." Brielle's voice trembled as she looked at Percy, her eyes completely white and glowing. "Please, take the Trident and leave. I can't risk you getting hurt by me."

"You are my mess, Brielle. The prophecy said-"

"I don't care about any bloody prophecy. Oshira already took my life, and I don't want to ruin yours, so go, Percy Jackson." She pushed him away and started to walk back towards Zeus, but a hand grabbed her.

"Unhand me, you fool." Brielle turned to look at Percy, her eyes locking onto his blue ones.

"I'd let the world burn for you. I'll love you even if we're different people, even if we're a million miles apart." Percy looked at her lips, then at her almost white blonde hair.

Brielle scoffed. "How could anyone love someone who's dead and a thousand years old? How can you love someone who's a pirate? Pirates can never find love." A tear slipped down her cheek.

Percy stepped closer and grabbed her hand. "I chose you for a reason. I don't care if you're a pirate. I'll always love you, even when the gods die."

"The gods can't die, dipshit." Her voice was strained as she crossed her arms and looked away.

"I know." He muttered as he brushed her hair aside so she could see his eyes trailing down to her lips. "I know."

He leaned in...

𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭 from "Heavy" Quotes by Perseus and Brielle. 2024

"The more that I speak my mind The more I get left behind
Cause I'm the kind of heavy, heavy
No one wants to carry, carry"

A/N: hope you get the sense of the plot.