Episode 3: Unveiling Secrets

Lucian, eager to integrate into the community and learn more about the enigmatic sculptures, frequently attended gatherings for newcomers in Dethens. He made numerous friends but was surprised to find that none of them knew the history behind the white marble sculptures. Most mentioned that their families never discussed it.

Determined to uncover the truth, Lucian visited an old club where many of Dethens' senior citizens gathered. He met a diverse group of individuals with rich life stories:

Armand: A retired soldier who shared tales of his bravery and adventures during his military service.
Margot: A former painter who recounted her experiences capturing the beauty of Dethens on canvas.
Jasper: An author who spoke of the novels he had written, many inspired by the city's mysterious charm.
Felicity: A once-renowned opera singer who shared stories of her performances in grand theaters around the world.
Hugo: An inventor who had created numerous gadgets that had made life in Dethens easier and more enjoyable.

As they laughed and shared their stories, Lucian felt a deep sense of camaraderie with the group. However, when he brought up the topic of the white sculptures, the mood shifted dramatically.

"What is the history behind the white sculptures made across the city?" Lucian asked.

The room fell silent. The laughter ceased, and everyone exchanged uneasy glances.

"Kid, you should go home now," Armand finally said, breaking the silence.

Confused and taken aback, Lucian protested, "But…"

"It's late. Go home," Felicity added sternly, silencing him.

Perplexed by their abrupt change in demeanor, Lucian left the club and returned home. He recounted the strange encounter to his family, who were equally baffled and intrigued. They all agreed that there was something significant about the sculptures and decided to investigate further.

One evening, while Lucian was at the library with his friends, he voiced his frustration. "Do you guys know anybody who can tell me the truth about the sculptures?"

His friend, Jonah, responded, "There is only one person who knows everything about those sculptures and might tell you, but you have to impress him because he never talks to anyone. He is almost a hundred years old. His name is Gokana."

Lucian's curiosity intensified. "Where can I find Gokana?"

"He's a bit of a recluse," Jonah explained. "He lives on the outskirts of the city, near the old lighthouse. They say he's wise and has seen more than anyone else in Dethens."

With a new lead and renewed determination, Lucian knew he had to meet Gokana. He shared this information with his family, and they all agreed to support him in uncovering the mystery. The adventure was far from over, and the Darians were more united than ever in their quest for the truth.