Episode 4: The Keeper of Secrets

Determined to unravel the mystery of the sculptures, Lucian decided to visit Gokana's house with his friend Jonah and his brother Orion. The trio made their way to the outskirts of the city, where Gokana lived near the old lighthouse. They approached his house and knocked on the door.

"Who is this?" a raspy voice called from inside.

"It's Jonah, Samuel's son," Jonah replied.

"Which Samuel?" Gokana asked.

"Samuel Peterson," Jonah answered.

"Why are you here?" Gokana inquired.

"Please open the door. We need to ask you something," Lucian interjected.

"Who are you?" Gokana pressed.

"I'm Lucian. I moved to Dethens with my family a few weeks ago," Lucian explained.

"Go away. I don't talk to anyone," Gokana said curtly.

Despite their pleas, Gokana remained adamant. The three felt dejected as they left. Over the following days, Lucian continued to ask people around the city about the sculptures, but no one ever responded. Frustrated, Jonah finally asked, "Why are you so curious about the sculptures?"

Lucian replied, "I have a very curious mind. I can't stop thinking about it. I want to know why people don't tell me anything."

One day, while Lucian and Jonah were at the farmer's market, they spotted Gokana. He saw Lucian asking an old couple about the sculptures, and the couple hurried away. Observing this, Gokana approached Lucian and said, "Come over to my house at 6."

Lucian and Jonah were ecstatic. At precisely 6, they arrived at Gokana's house and rang the bell. Gokana welcomed them in, sat them down, and offered them tea. As Lucian began to speak, Gokana interrupted.

"Do not ask anyone in this town about the sculptures again. You might become someone who no one talks to," Gokana warned.

Lucian was puzzled. "Why?" he asked.

Gokana sighed and began, "These sculptures are not merely decorations or attractions. They are the reason Dethens is still a peaceful city today. These sculptures are the visual representation of those who saved Dethens. They were the people who sacrificed everything to save our home. They are our ancestors, and we respect them so much that we created sculptures in their memories."

Lucian and Jonah were captivated. "Please tell us more," they urged.

Gokana nodded. "Alright, kids, I will tell you the whole story."

The room fell silent as Gokana prepared to share the tale that had kept Lucian awake for weeks. The story of the sculptures and the heroes they represented was about to unfold.