Chapter Four

HANZ went home alone late.He was in the kitchen and was looking for something to cook for dinner.Naalala nya bigla na naubos na lahat ng ready-to-cook meal na binili nya at pack noddles na binili nya.

Nang biglang pumasok sa main door si Florence, holding two full bags of grocery.

"Oh hey." she had the brightest smile when their eyes meet.Then her eyes settled on the open empty cabinets."Hindi kapa nag-d-dinner? It's pretty late..." tumingin siya sa wallclock na hagdanan paakyat sa ikalawang palapag.

"I just got home aswell..." he reasoned out

Florence walked towards the kitchen counter and placed the two paper bags there.She streched her arm.Her lashes  fell to half-mast and tired moan escaped her lips.

"You look tired..." hindi nya napigilang sabihin 'yon

Napatingin sakanya si Florence at patang bigla itong kinabahan."Does it show on my face?" she touch both her cheeks then pouted.

He extended her hand and pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.His fingers brushed against her cheek."No.You're really beautiful." He couldn't help his response.

Florence face flush in an instant.Hanz felt his heart turned into frezy as he looked at her shy and blushing face.

He hesitated."Ummm, I mean--"

"Are you taking it back?" Florence laughed lightly.

"N-no." he stuttered

Pumasok na si Florence sa kusina at kumuha ng kutsilyo."I'm borrowing your kitchen."

"Your paying the rent.Bakit kapa nagpapaalam?" He asked and glance at her.

"Because this is still your house and I'm just renting a room." she answered with a shug."Should I cook something fast and easy?" sabi nya bago kinuha ang chicken breast sa paper bag na dala nito kanina.

Pero nang dalhin nya na ito sa sink para hugasan ay biglang itong inagaw ni Hanz.He intentionally touch her hands when taking the initiative.

"I'll do it, Nakakahiyang ikaw na ang bumili at ikaw pa ang mag-luluto." his voice dropped to low but husky pitched."You can just sit there and wait while I make the food."

Florence looked at him.She smiled and teasingly ask."Can you really cook?"

"What do you take me for?"

"Nothing." she chuckled.Lumapit siya sakanya bago tinupi ang puting pulo hanggang siko para hindi ito mabasa ng tubig."Careless Professor maybe." she murmured smiling

Florence sat on one of the stool on the kichen counter, observing his every moves.No...she's judging him, hindi ito naniniwalang kaya nyang magluto.

Lihim ba napangiti si Hanz pero may kaba ang ngiting 'yon.Now, he rose up from the challege even though he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

Cooking is not for Hanz Kenn Marquez.Wala siyang alam sa pagluluto kaya palaging ready-to-cook o kaya naman ay pack noodles lang ang madalas nyang kainin.Ibang-iba sa kapatid nya'ng si Jamaica Marquez na hilig ang pagluluto, She always cook good foods for him when they were still living together but that was long time ago before she work as an NBI agent.

"Earth to Hanz!" sigaw ni Florence na nagpatigil sa pag-iisip nya.

Napakurap-kurap siya sa muka ng babae na ilang dangkal nalang ang layo sakanya."H-huh?"

"Anong 'huh?' Natulala ka." she looked straight into his eyes, like she was trying to read them."Your eyes...I can see sadness in them."

Gustuhin nya mang mag-iwas ng tingin ay hindi nya magawa.Parang nanghihipnotismo ang berde nitong mga mata.