Chapter 11

Cecilia Anderson

That morning, my walk to university was burdened with a heavy heart. The events of the previous evening with Jude had left me introspective. His gesture of supporting me at the show and offering me his jacket had touched me deeply, yet the unexpected media attention had overwhelmed me.

During lectures, I struggled to focus on the coursework. My mind kept drifting back to Jude, to the questions raised by the article and his reactions. It was difficult to concentrate on discussions and studies while grappling internally with the sudden turn in my private life.

In a brief break during the afternoon, I wandered through the familiar streets of Madrid, seeking clarity. The sky above was cloudless and blue, but my thoughts were murky and tangled. I tried to reassure myself that it was okay to take time to process the situation.

It was one of the greatest challenges to start modeling. The spotlight, the flashbulbs, and the interviews were always difficult for me, but over time I improved and overcame my fears. I really adore Jude. He is one of the most loving and sincere people I know. When we are together, I feel so safe and valued. He allows me to discover a whole new side of myself, a side I never knew existed.

However, a relationship with him could also jeopardize my future and my genuine opportunities in the modeling world. I don't want to be labeled as the girl who's with Jude Bellingham for the rest of my life. Two years ago, I never would have imagined I'd reach this point. I've worked hard for it every day, and I don't want agencies and job offers to choose me just because I'm Bellingham's girlfriend.

In the evening, I met Claire and Emily at our favorite bar. The subdued lighting and familiar sounds of the city were soothing to my frayed nerves. As we sat at our table and ordered drinks, I felt Claire's empathetic gaze, ready to support me.

Claire, always direct and sensitive, began gently, "How was it with Jude yesterday?"

A heavy sigh escaped me before I replied, "It was complicated." I explained about the moment when Jude gave me his jacket and how it unexpectedly led to a media frenzy, thrusting our private relationship into the public eye.

Claire furrowed her brow and placed her hand on mine. "That sounds really stressful. How are you feeling about it?"

I hesitated before answering, "I don't know. Part of me is touched by his concern, but at the same time... it's all just overwhelming."

Emily, who had been quietly listening, took my hand. "It's okay to feel confused. The media can make everything so complicated."

Claire nodded in agreement. "So, what do you think you'll do next?"

"I think I just need some time to think about it," I said softly. "Everything happened so fast, and I want to be sure before I decide anything."

The atmosphere at the table grew quieter as we looked at each other, each deep in thought. Having such supportive friends who gave me space to sort through my thoughts and feelings was a gift.

Finally, Emily broke the silence. "What if we take a trip this weekend? Just get away for a bit and clear our heads."

Claire and I looked at her in surprise.

"Yeah, a little party vacation to Ibiza!" Emily suggested enthusiastically. "Sunsets on the beach, wild parties, maybe even a bit of surfing. Just a few days for ourselves."

A faint smile spread across my face. "That sounds like a great idea. A little distance could really help."

Claire nodded in agreement. "Exactly, and remember, we're always here to support you, no matter how long it takes."