Chapter 14

Jude Bellingham

The semifinal match at Real Madrid's stadium was charged with anticipation and nerves. The atmosphere was electric, with fans filling every seat, their cheers and chants echoing through the air. For us players, this match was more than just a game—it was a chance to secure our spot in the final, a goal we had been working towards all season.

From the moment the referee blew the whistle, the intensity was palpable. The ball moved swiftly between players, each pass and tackle crucial in determining the outcome. We started strong, dominating possession and creating opportunities in front of goal.

However, amidst the adrenaline and focus required for such a critical match, my thoughts occasionally drifted to Cecilia. Her image flashed in my mind, a reminder of the moments we shared. I had to quickly refocus, reminding myself of the task at hand—to contribute to the team's success and secure our place in the final.

Midway through the first half, an opening presented itself. A quick exchange of passes on the edge of the box left me with space to maneuver. With a burst of speed, I surged forward, evading defenders and unleashing a powerful shot. The ball soared past the outstretched arms of the goalkeeper and nestled into the back of the net. The stadium erupted into a frenzy of cheers and applause as my teammates swarmed around me in celebration.

But the match was far from over. We had to defend our lead with everything we had. The opposition launched relentless attacks, testing our defense and pushing us to our limits. Time seemed to slow down as we held our ground, making crucial tackles and interceptions to keep them at bay.

As the final whistle blew, signaling our victory, a wave of relief and elation washed over me. We had done it. We had secured our place in the final, a testament to our hard work, determination, and teamwork. The cheers of the fans echoed in my ears as we celebrated on the pitch, knowing that we had overcome a formidable challenge and earned the right to compete for the championship.

Walking off the field, emotions ran high. This victory was not just a step closer to a trophy; it was a culmination of months of dedication and sacrifice. With the final ahead of us, I knew there would be more challenges and moments of pressure to navigate. But as I looked back on this match, I felt a deep sense of pride and confidence. We were ready to face whatever lay ahead, united in our goal to bring glory to our club.

However, amidst the celebrations and euphoria, I received a call that changed my plans. It was my agency informing me of an incredible opportunity: a shoot for Skims in Paris. The timing was immediate—I had to leave for Paris right away, missing the after-party and celebrations with my teammates. As much as I wanted to revel in our victory, duty called, and I had to focus on the next challenge ahead.

Walking off the field, emotions ran high. This victory was not just a step closer to a trophy; it was a culmination of months of dedication and sacrifice. With the final ahead of us, I knew there would be more challenges and moments of pressure to navigate. But as I looked back on this match, I felt a deep sense of pride and confidence. We were ready to face whatever lay ahead, united in our goal to bring glory to our club.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The journey to Paris was swift and hectic. After hastily packing my belongings, I rushed to the airport and boarded the next flight out. Thoughts of the upcoming Skims shoot filled me with excitement and anticipation, yet the recent victory in the semifinals lingered vividly in my mind.

During the flight, I couldn't shake thoughts of Cecilia. Amidst the hustle and bustle, she still hadn't reached out. A twinge of disappointment pierced through me, but I focused my energy on the task ahead.