Poseidon Papadopoulos

a portrait of Poseidon, dated 1837, his wife, EliseFebruary 1st, 1808 - October 1839

February 1st, 1808 - October 1839

Poseidon Papadopoulos (Ποσειδώνας Παπαδόπουλος; Poseidónas Papadópoulos) was a Greek-American serial killer.

Poseidon was born on February 1st, 1808, in Greece in the infamous Papadopoulos family. He was among the youngest in the family, a triplet to Hades and Zeus Papadopoulos. He was the younger brother of Aphrodite, Hestia, Hera and Demeter Papadopoulos. If you want any information on Aphrodite Papadopoulos, go check out our sister podcast, Gone But Not Forgotten. He was two years old when his mother, Summer Adamos, died due to influenza.

Ten years later, Henry Papadopoulos, the father, is believed to have been murdered by Aphrodite, whom he sexually abused since the death of Summer, and the siblings left Greece and made their way to America. They all split up, making separate names for themselves, all names they have left written in blood.

Now, let's actually focus on Poseidon.

For a few years, he wandered around the states, before settling in Cape May, New Jersey, at the age of sixteen and getting work as a dock hand. This was how he met his first victim, Warren O'Hara. The two became close friends and eventually lovers. This went on for two years before Warren broke off things to marry a woman named Elise Dupont. Poseidon was infuriated. The night before the wedding, Poseidon went to Warren's, and invited him out, under the guise of just being a good friend. He got him increasingly intoxicated, leading him to the docks, where he pushed his dear former lover into the water and watched him drown.

The next day, at the wedding, Warren didn't show up for obvious reasons. So, who went to comfort the upset and abandoned bride? Why, Poseidon, of course. One month later, the two were married. June 16th, 1828, the couple welcomed their first and only child, a baby boy Poseidon named Triton, keeping with his father's theme.

It was after his first kill that Poseidon realized he liked killing, so, many nights, he'd go to the docks, meet drunk men, and then push them in the water and watch them drown. His victims is believed to be a hundred or more.

All was well until August 2nd, 1839, when Elise heard from a friend that they believed they saw Poseidon pushing men into the docks. Elise confronted her husband about it, who, in a panic, knocked her unconscious with a lamp, before dragging her out to the docks, where he threw her in the water and she ultimately drowned. Poseidon hurried home, scrawled a confession letter, in which he said he was heading home to Greece, and abandoned his son, getting on a ship known as the Blue Belle.

Two months later, the ship would ultimately be lost at sea, believed to have crashed off the coast of Brookina. Poseidon is believed to have perished with the other passengers.