miss ariam

Chapter 4

Many children ran toward the entrance when a certain person appeared.

"To me, to me!"

"No, to me!"

"Hey! I got here first!"

"Hey! Don't push me!"

Boys and girls fought to be the first to receive something from that person. However, due to their misbehavior, that person scolded them a bit.

With a terrifying smile, she said, "kids~, I'll get angry if you don't behave~"

The children instantly stopped their commotion and straightened up upon hearing her threat. All the children synchronized in offering apologies.

"We're very sorry, Miss Ariam!"

"Much better."

Ariam smiles sweetly again. "You don't have to fight; there's enough for everyone." She caresses the head of a somewhat unkempt-looking girl. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes!"

"Very well, make a line from the smallest to the largest."

"Yes!"

After feeding them and playing with them, Ariam had to leave.

"Children, I have to go now. I promise I'll come back again."

A girl with a plush toy, the smallest in the group, grabs her skirt and asks, "Can't you stay overnight?"

"I'm sorry, I can't."

"Why do you never stay and only come back every two days?"

"If I don't return, something bad might happen, and I might never see you again." She explains, patting the girl's head.

The boy who seems to be the oldest approaches her. "Miss Ariam, I promise I'll take care of everyone, so don't worry."

Ariam smiles at him. "Thank you very much, Miles. I appreciate it."

Miles shakes his head in denial. "Don't mention it. This is nothing compared to what you've done."

Ariam smiles very sweetly. "Come here."

"Eh?"

Ariam grabs his head and kisses him on the forehead. "Please continue taking care of the others."

"Ah ... yes."

Miles' dark skin turns somewhat red. Some children laugh mockingly at him. Ariam looks away from Miles and gazes at the group.