Drop Out

"Dad are you taking me home or?" Joey questioned.

"Uh yeah, just let me finish cleaning up and I'll drop you off."

Joey nodded and sat down at the front desk. He was currently trying to piece his thoughts together on how he was going to tell his mom that he quit school. He could already see her many bewildered facial expressions in his head.

"You ready?" Ben asked after letting Andy know that he was leaving for 15 minutes.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Joey mumbled as they walked to the car.

"Hey look. You should be glad that I found out first." Ben chuckled, he could tell what he was thinking.

"Your reaction wasn't great, so I know hers will be worse."

"And why shouldn't it be? You do realize that this is a big deal?"

"I know. I just...she yells for hours." He stressed, rubbing his head.

Ben laughed and shook his head. His wife was going to be pacing.

"I don't think she will yell as long today. She'll yell, then be speechless for a second while gripping the bridge of her nose, pace a little bit, yell again, and then calm down."

"Why do you know her so well?" Joey questioned.

"Almost 16 years of knowing someone will do that," Ben responded.

The rest of the drive they talked back and forth, trying to sort out his thoughts more. Ben pulled into the driveway and parked.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"Aren't you coming in?"

"Uh-uh, you're not going to use me to soften the blow."

"Dad." He whined.

"What?" He laughed.

"She's going to want to see you anyway. You can't just drop me off without seeing your wife."

"You are right about that. Come on." He said getting out.

They walked up to the front door, and Joey hesitated before opening it. As they stepped inside they could see Miranda at the kitchen counter.

"Hey, baby." Ben greeted, walking over to her as Joey went to his room to put his phone on charge.

"Hey, what are you doing home so early?" She asked before standing on her toes to peck his lips.

"I'm still on shift. I just came to drop Joey off and didn't want to miss the opportunity to see my beautiful, amazing, gorgeous, and sexy wife."

"Is something wrong with his car and flattery will get you everywhere." She cheesed, whispering the last part.

"No, nothing's wrong with his car and how many minutes do we have?" He huffed looking at his watch.

"Not enough."

"You're a tease."

"I wasn't teasing." she laughed.

"You are because we are on a break anyway."

"Whose fault is that? Nobody told you to be holding, turning, and bending my legs every which way."

"I didn't hear any complaints. In fact, I believe the words were oh my God, Benjamin don't stop." He mocked.

"I do not sound like that."

"No, you don't. You sound sexy and hypnotizing. The sounds alone contribute to one of the reasons your legs hurt."