XXXVII - Blood Red and Faded Teal

Russia stands up to look around in one of the other rooms when someone taps him on the shoulder. He spins around and sees Iowa, who takes a step back.

"Ope, sorry!" she exclaims, raising her visible hand in the air, "didn't mean to startle you."

Russia breathes a sigh of relief before looking closer at her. She has one hand behind her back and a badly masked look of excitement on her face. Minnesota stands slightly behind her, grinning widely. Both of them are covered in dust.

'From searching,' Russia assumes.

"But we have something for you," Minnesota says, mischief in her voice.

"What?" Russia asks, trying to hide a smile that threatens his expression.

"This!" Iowa says brightly, handing Russia a sickle.

Russia takes it. The metal of the blade doesn't shine like he expects, but it also shows no extra signs of age other than the dust-covered handle, which has a few spots showing new fingerprints. He laughs lightly.

"Where did you find this?" he asks, baffled.

Iowa shrugs, a large smirk on her face.

Russia laughs.

'It is Dixie's house. Maybe he kept it for something?'

He shakes his head to dismiss his musing. He looks down and studies the sickle for another moment, noting the dark wood handle and dull steel, before a large smile takes over his face.

'I know exactly who I am going to give this to.'

"Ukraine!"

"What?" Ukraine calls from upstairs.

"Come here!"

"Why?"

Russia decides not to answer. He sees a few states around him look between him and the stairs, snickering.

"Russia?"

Russia smirks, hiding the sickle behind his back.

He hears a door shut loudly upstairs. Then, he feels the floor shake a little as Ukraine stomps down the stairs. Ukraine appears from around the corner, his hat barely peaking above the miscellaneous things he was holding, a spear nearly tumbling down the stairs.

"This better be important."

"I have something for you."

"What?" Ukraine asks, annoyed. He drops what he's holding into a pile on the table.

Something interesting catches Russia's attention. It looks like a sword hilt made of bone.

"Russia!" Ukraine demands, his hands on his hips.

"Oh yeah," Russia says, pulling the sickle out from behind him.

"This is-"

"<Fuck off!>" Ukraine yells while Russia shoves the tool into his hand.

Russia laughs loudly and steps back, avoiding Ukraine's swing at his neck.

"Can't get me!" Russia laughs.

Ukraine snarls and hooks Russia's arm in the blade of the sickle.

"<Why would you give this to me?>" Ukraine hisses, loud enough for Russia to understand

"You can fight with it," Russia replies with a shrug, pulling his arm to his side.

"What is this?" Massachusetts interrupts, raising the sword hilt.