The Talk

WARNING: this chapter gets a bit spicy... oops.

INT. COOL AREA ON RESOLUTE - HYPERSPACE - NIGHT

Rex sits in a cool nook of the Resolute, a place where he can sit on the stairs and watch the hyperspace lines fly past the window.

Rex stares into space. He doesn't even hear Ahsoka walk in the room. He jumps as she sits down next to him.

AHSOKA
Am I interrupting you?

REX
(shakes head)
No.

Rex stares out at the moving hyperspace lanes, enjoying the quiet. Ahsoka looks back and forth between Rex and the blurred stars.

AHSOKA
Do you come here often?

REX
You caught me.

Rex turns to look at Ahsoka. He gives her a small smile and then looks back into space, lost in thought.

AHSOKA
Is something wrong?

REX
Nothing more than usual. Just... thinking about... the brothers I lost.

Ahsoka slides closer to Rex and snakes an arm around his waist. Rex sighs and leans his head against hers.

REX
All those lives lost... and for what?

Ahsoka wraps her other arm around his stomach, holding him closer. Rex still leans against her head, looking out at the stars.

REX
It never gets easier.

AHSOKA
(quietly)
I know.

Rex pulls back to look at Ahsoka, his hands lingering on her side. He stares into her beautiful eyes. She stares back. He breathes in and out, enjoying the moment, but something inside him can't help but glance down at her lips. He quickly looks back into her eyes.

Ahsoka notices and snakes her hands around the back of his neck. She plants a kiss on his lips that takes his breath away. She breaks apart and glides her lips along his smooth skin, kissing his cheek, then up to his temple, his forehead, and down to his nose. Rex closes his eyes and bites his lip, holding back a sigh.

Ahsoka moves her lips to his again, surrounding him in a warm embrace. Rex takes the cue and copies Ahsoka, moving his lips to her cheek, then her temple, forehead, and nose. Ahsoka's fingers dance happily along his back as he kisses her.

Rex presses his lips against Ahsoka's, but Ahsoka moves her lips just under his jawline. Rex tenses up. Ahsoka moves her lips further up his jawline just under his ear. Rex gasps and stands up, his face a slight shade of pink.

Rex puts a hand behind his neck and paces back in forth in front of Ahsoka. He looks like he's debating with himself on what to do. Ahsoka stares at him curiously.

Rex stops in the middle of the walkway. He turns to Ahsoka and gazes at her. After a moment, he cautiously sits down next to her.

REX
(mumbling)
I've never done that before.

Ahsoka gazes at his face with bright eyes.

AHSOKA
Me neither.

Rex fidgets in place. He leans over and puts his arms over his knees.

REX
I think we should talk about... our future.

Ahsoka leans back on her hands.

AHSOKA
Okay. What's on your mind?

REX
Um...

Rex looks over at Ahsoka. He then looks down at the floor. His face flushes pink again.