Chapter 16: Unclear

MINA'S pov

I went beck to work with a hangover. Last night after drinking and having an intense session with Nayeon, when we went back to her place. I thought I could finally rest because, honestly, I was this close to falling asleep. As soon as I stepped into her apartment, she jumped on me and kissed me hard as we almost fell. This girl just drew all my energy out of me and I don't know how she remains so active after all what we did a moment ago.

When I returned home this morning. Yaya and Lia were not there because she had been accompanied by our daughter to school. I took the opportunity to take a shower and wash my clothes because they smelled like alcohol. I had prepared myself mentally that I could see a furious Momo coming into my studio asking for explanations and I honestly don't know what to say to her.

I was now in the process of completing my file for my project. As the big day approached day by day, I was eager to present my work to the best photographers who would then be my juries. I made the cover page and placed some photos of Nayeon's black and white zoomed body parts interposing them one on top of the other. I wanted this project to be as similar as possible to me, simple and complicated. I went to my small library where all the magazines I had been a photographer were in. I flipped through the pages to admire my successes because sometimes it feels good to say that there are a lot of things we have accomplished. Then I heard a few giggles at my door and I knew exactly who they were.

"Good morning Mina!" Sana shouted in a cheerful tone. This girl was always in a good mood even when she was depressed, she could see the good side of things, "I bought you some refreshing natural drinks that will boost you!"

"I don't think she really needs it since she already has her way of regaining her strength." Momo says mockingly before closing the door. I pointed to her praying she wasn't going to reveal all the bad secrets.

"Hey Sana, how are you? It's been a long time since we've seen each other. I was getting tired of seeing your girlfriend's ugly face." I set the tone on the ugly word while looking at Momo.

"Can you both behave like adults for a moment, please? Momo, give Mina the bag of drinks." she handed me the bag containing the various bottles of tea, which I imagine was organic tea. I could read some labels that said they were rich in vitamins and minerals. I am a bit skeptical about the effectiveness of these but I will not start arguing with Sana otherwise she may be offended because according to her, all the things she brings me are all high quality.

"Thanks guys, but you both didn't have to."

"Momo told me that these days you're rapidly exhausted and since I know it's soon to be the new photographers project competition, I figured you must be under a lot of stress. So I bought you these organic teas from a village I visited with my parents a few days ago." Sana explained as if she was trying to sell her products. No wonder their restaurant is doing so well.

"Princess, maybe the villagers work with factories and they claim it's tea they made themselves."

"Impossible because I went to see it with my own eyes how they did it." she proudly said, "anyway, I hope we're not disturbing you."

"No, I'm almost done with my project. Aren't you two working today?" I asked and picked one of the bottles out of the bag. I chose the one where it was written refreshing tea - ideal after a hangover, it suited the situation perfectly. I took a sip but I nearly puked, it was awful to drink it.

"Actually, I'm going to leave now because the seafood delivery guy will arrive in an hour, but since I wanted to see you, I thought a few minutes was enough to see how you were doing."

"Thank you Sana. Maybe after this project is over, we could all eat together?"

"Good idea! We could do that in our restaurant? We'll close it especially for us!" she excitedly said, "Well, I'll see you later, Mina! Are you joining me later, baby?" she cutely asked Momo. I always want to throw up every time I see my friends flirting or saying sweet words to each other, like you just want to dissappear and pretend you don't exist.