𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒅 : : k. chisaki [ mha and song-inspired one-shot ]

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

But do you feel like a young god?

You know the two of us are just young gods

And we'll be flying through the streets with the people underneath

And they're running, running, running. . .

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

In my hands, I hold the one thing that continues to remind me that there's still something to live for.

My fingers are wrapped around it firmly, as if I'm afraid someone will snatch it from me, stealing my last little bit of hope that I have left.

The white dahlia, which symbolizes virtue, innocence, purity, and rebirth.

My favorite flower.

I feel my eyes close.

I remember walking through a garden of flowers about a year ago with Kai. We walked together, hand in hand, enjoying the peacefulness in the moment. No one was around.

It was just him, and I.

I remember walking through the many bushes of flowers, seeing how uniquely every individual bush had been naturally painted with an emerald glow. The flowers were the most captivating to the human gaze, but the leaves held beauty as well.

"Here," I had said, releasing my hand from Kai's firm grip around my own. He seemed reluctant to do so, but he did what I'd wanted. I remember seeing his expression turn curious, and it was quite obvious even beneath that black mask of his.

"These are my favorites," I said, waving my hands gently over a bunch of white dahlias that sat just beside the rocky path we walked on.

"How come?" Kai asked, walking up to me. He stood behind me, putting an arm around my waist and pulling me close against him. I'd giggled at his action, and I could just barely a brief hint of contentment in his aloof, golden eyes.

"Because they're pretty," I said, resting my bare hand over the gloved one he rested on my hip. I remember my smile faltering at the feel of the glove, even though I knew it was for his own sanity. Without the glove, Kai would've erupted into hives and had an anxiety attack. Even so, I still longed to caress his hand with my own; I didn't care if it was only a one-chance thing.

"That's a silly reason," Kai whispered next to my left ear, resting his head on my shoulder. I then glanced at his face, seeing that his marvelous eyes were focused on something else other than the field of white dahlias. Following his gaze, I realized he was focused on the setting sky.

Oranges, pinks, purples, and even blues cascaded along the previously teal-colored sky, overcoming the solid color pattern with beautiful but random splashes of new colors. The sun, an orange-colored sphere in the distance rested just below the multitude water colors, giving them a turn to shine, even if it was just for a little bit. My jaw dropped slightly. Never in my years of living had I seen something as beautiful as that sunset.

"Is there perhaps another reason why you claim to love these specific type of dahlias?" Kai had asked, gesturing to the field in front of us that stretched across a huge landscape. The same color palette that'd been painted in the sky now reflected over the white dahlias. "Or is your simplistic reason the only reason?"