𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕 : : oc lore [ mha ]

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Psst, I see dead people

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

I sit lazily on my couch, scrolling through my phone as the sound of the local news plays in the background. And when I say lazy, I'm not exaggerating. My position on my sofa is basically my entire body stretched across it - I have rather long legs - with my right foot resting atop the right armrest of the couch while my other leg is draped over the edge and rests leisurely with my left foot against the floor. My back is slouched against the sofa back, and though it's at an awkward angle, I don't bother moving it because it's too comfortable.

For some odd reason to me, at least.

And aside from my improper - something my mother would probably point out to me if she were home - position on the couch, I still haven't done a lot of stuff since I've gotten home from school. All I've really done is come home, check up on which of my assignments are due soon, and snuggle beneath the covers of my bed while watching random videos I found on social media.

Man, what time is it..

I blink once, snapping myself out of the "hyperfixation-trance" I was stuck in.

Well, shit.

I swipe up on my phone, swiping through the few apps I've opened recently, then go to my lock screen. On my lock screen is a grungy and blurred picture of some random street at night I'd found online. I thought it was cool, so I decided to change my wallpaper for the seventy-first time in a month. My eyes, still unfocused, scan indifferently over the lock screen until I find the digital clock, which is centered at the top of my screen.

Damn, didn't realize it's gotten so late.

I had come home a little after 4 o'clock since I'd stuck around at my school for a little bit due to the fact I had cleaning duties, which were very unfortunate for me. I was given the job to scrub the windows from the outside, and lucky for me it was freezing ass while I did so.

I yawn, putting my hand over my mouth as I do so - a habit I'd picked up thanks to my mother, who is kind but aimed at "giving me manners". I appreciate her attempt at making me seem all polite and stuff - especially because it's saved me in a ton of situations - but some of it just seems a little unnecessary, though. Not that I've said anything about it because that would be unnecessary.

I gently throw my phone onto the couch and remove my right leg from its stretched-out position. I put both of my feet onto the floor and stand up, tilting my head to the side momentarily to crack my neck. While doing so, my eyes land on the TV, which is showing a preview of what once was the landscape known as Deika City in the Aichi Prefecture.

According to news anchor who is flying over the scene with a helicopter, circling the vastly destroyed land, there was a villain attack on the citizens. After the anchor concludes their own part of the report, they say their full name, last name to first name, before the camera switches over to another news panel. Now they're interviewing a citizen who claims to be a witness of the attacks and a local in the area.

I straighten my neck and continue to focus on the news report. They then go on to say that the citizens of the tightly-packed community are their own heroes, since they managed to survive the entire mess without the help of a pro hero. I can't help but roll my eyes at that statement.