Part 77 - Tides of Anger and Love!

Krishna came back to Kapoor Mansion and greeted by her son.

"Maa, where did you go alone?" Ram was surprised.

"I went to meet Priya." Krishna said, sitting in the living room sofa.

"What? Why?" Ram did not expect this.

A house help came with a glass of water and handed it to Krishna Kapoor. She took a gulp of water and turned to look at Ram to answer. "I said I will send sargi on Karwachauth. I think Priya will keep fast for you."

"Maa, really? Do you think so?" Ram smirked.

"Yes, I do." Krishna responded with a warm smile.

"That is not going to happen. Do not send sargi and all, she is not going to keep fast. Don't force me to go there." Ram shook his head.

Ram added, "We are done, Maa. Please accept the fact and do not have any sort of expectations with our relationship. And please do not discuss about this ever again. I do not want to discuss or hear about this topic in this home again." Ram was frustrated and left from there.

*********

In the late evening, Priya sat at the dining table, her eyes resting on the beautifully arranged Sargi sent by Krishna Kapoor. The sight of the delicacies and traditional items brought back a flood of memories, especially Krishna's words echoing in her mind, "Celebrate Karwa Chauth if you have any amount of love left for my son."

Priya sighed, her thoughts drifting to the past, to the moments she and Ram had shared—the laughter, the love, the simple, everyday joys of being together. Her fingers gently traced the edge of the silver plate, each touch invoking a memory.

"Mom, what's this?" Aryan's curious voice broke through her reverie. He and Amaira had appeared beside her, their eyes wide with wonder as they looked at the Sargi.

"These are special things for Karwa Chauth," Priya explained with a soft smile, her heart warming at their innocence.

"Can we eat the sweets?" Amaira asked eagerly, her eyes fixed on the colorful array of sweets on the plate.

Priya shook her head gently. "No, my dears. You can have them tomorrow."

Aryan and Amaira exchanged disappointed looks but nodded obediently. "Okay, Mom," Aryan said, though his eyes lingered longingly on the sweets.

Aryan and Amaira ran off to play, leaving Priya alone with her thoughts once more. She turned her gaze back to the Sargi, feeling a mixture of emotions. Tears welled up in her eyes as she thought about the past. The distance that had grown between Ram & her, the arguments, the pain, the separation.

As the evening grew darker, Priya found herself lost in a sea of emotions. To be honest, she missed the life they had built together, missed the way he made her feel cherished and loved. Despite everything, the love she felt for him had never truly faded; it had only been buried under layers of hurt and misunderstanding.

Priya picked up the Sargi plate and carried it to the kitchen, carefully setting it aside. She knew that tomorrow would be a challenging day, both emotionally and physically. She kept on thinking whether to celebrate or not.

She whispered a silent prayer, hoping for strength and clarity, hoping to heal the wounds that time and distance had created.

*********

In the early morning, the colony buzzed with activity as everyone prepared for the Karwa Chauth Katha. The host of the event bustled around, ensuring all the ladies had arrived and that everything was in place. The air was filled with excitement as the women gathered, chatting and exchanging smiles, someone noticed Priya's absence. There was a murmur of concern and curiosity among the group. Just as the host was about to send someone to check on her, the crowd's attention shifted to the entrance.