➢𝔐𝔞𝔰𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔡𝔢

"May the petals teach me the art of letting go"
~Unknown
————————continue

"I didn't wanted to ruin my day anymore thinking about my already broken apart relation with my mother."

~
Not that I want to mend it ,but it just doesn't stop there.

We always go on about the same old way killing each other with words..I speak up at times too a lot ... no ..although it's not helping from the opposite side as well."
But that's another story...

Let's just focus on the present I guess,we have a masquerade to attend and I don't want to hear any more taunts from her side."
~
(She reached her room as the above para was being delivered and there was a knock on the door,
you can imagine it being a deep knock as the doors to her room were huge and heavy made out of pure red wood and adored by shiny pearl's lustre)

"Maria,come in",she said."Yes,Miss.Eris",Maria said."God,How many times have I told you not to use that title Maria !?",Eris said. "I know dear but it's my job isn't it,I can't just casually call you by your name",Maria explained.

"You have to as I am your boss,so from now on don't repeat it again alright."

"I don't speak up this way but Maria has always been my shield almost as if she is my mother,I mean a mother -Protects(check)is kind (check),doesn't act like your sworn enemy for the least(check),

Is beautiful inside out,doesn't care about her reputation being tainted by her child only bcz he/she doesn't agree upon proceeding with the field of her choice (check).Cares dearly about her child......(check).A deep sense of realisation hit me.
I looked at Maria's eyes she was looking down probably pointed towards her black neatly polished sandals..I hated that feeling.
Did I perhaps make her feel bad..
"A deep sigh"...

"You know,I won't hurt you right",she said.
"Most absolutely "my lady"I trust that with my whole heart",Maria said ..with her most promising smile..

Eris conscience:

"Well,have to be careful with my words now,I don't want to loose someone who actually cares about me".
something to be aware of...

~
She gave a slight smile to Maria convincing enough for her to feel a bit light,For all she never would dream of losing anyone dear of her again....just because of her reckless ness/careless ness.
~

"Maria,you are family so don't make me feel like an outcast again."As you wish my lady",Maria said.
~
She smiled as she yet again witnessed the simplicity of youngest lady in the family.
Who is devoid of any such greed of the worldly pleasures such irrelevant titles every other is keen to achieve.

The humility lies within her through her father's grace.Just like a mirror,more of witnessing a mirror refection.
~
"I looked at the clock and time was ruining way out of league today,and I was not in position to listen to Mother's voice yet again"

I looked at Maria who seemed to understand what the matter was
"I shrugged and gave a awkward smile as she charged towards the closet clasping her arms in the most stereotypical way ."
~
"So what kind of dress are we looking for dear",Maria said.
"Any dress is ok,It doesn't matter or anything,"she said."It's just a party which I want to attend quickly and get back as soon as possible I even have an assignment".

"No Miss-.....dear",you must look your best don't waste your precious beauty,by wearing some-thing plain,just embrace your beauty."I have just the dress for you"!
she said as she turned towards a cabinet..
~
Maria opened the huge cabinet the closet was engraved with precious carving and gems almost making it feel as if it was from the renaissanian era themed to her whole house.
"Classic renaissance it is...
~
And there it was a beautiful dark blue satin ball gown. "How it gleamed mystically despite no excess working is a mystery to me too.

The designs the floral patterns embedded in golden lining,just perfect...It seems like it was loved by Eris as soon as her eyes lied upon it.
~
"The dress,It's beautiful!,she said."Without a doubt,miss it's your fathers choice",Maria said.

"Father?,is this the dress"(Maria inter-"Yess it is dear,you should probably wear this",Maria replied.
I looked at the dress touched it,It was soft just like a feather,it's blue shade almost reminded me of dad he loved the colour blue or should I say navy blues.Like it was yesterday that he told me about this secret gift when I was 9,
sighs...

Which I probably forgot about until now,it felt like a brush off onto my memories,old dusty memories...
"Ofc,I ...will",I replied.
~
That dress enfolded many memories some happy some sad,the ones which were engulfed by the dreaded past which surrounded Eris long ago,
or should I say it still lingers to this day.

Either way she will love to wear it because it's reminds her of her dad's essence,his presence!
"Ofc I ...surely will",she replied.

                                ~End of chp~

~End of chp~