Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Ch. 26: Amara

The next day, Dallas claims boredom after spending the afternoon on the beach. Departing from her family, we end up at the boardwalk in search of something to do.

As the sun settles over the horizon, we end up at the fair Dallas mentioned when we first arrived. The bright flashing lights and carnival music instantly give me a headache, but I'm too distracted to care.

Weirdly, whenever I'm alone with Dallas, I can't stop thinking about the last time we kissed.

Noticing a photo booth as we walk, I come to a halt. I reach for Dallas's hand without thinking, tugging her in my wake as I gesture to the booth.

Dallas's gaze follows my pointer finger, landing on the photo booth. She groans, shaking her head as she looks down at me.

"Oh, come on," I mutter before Dallas has a chance to argue. "You know Sunset Scandals would eat spring break pictures up."

"You always get what you want, don't you?" Dallas mumbles. However, she doesn't fight me as I slide the curtain to the booth aside, settling onto the bench.

Dallas lingers outside the booth. The glow from the setting sun seems to hit her perfectly as the bright lights outside reflect in her eyes. My breath catches as she takes a seat at my side.

Trying to distract myself from the racing of my heart, I rummage around my purse for spare change as Dallas closes the curtain. The feel of Dallas's thigh pressed against mine leaves my hands shaking as I drop coins into the slot, hoping Dallas doesn't notice.

"Try to look like you like me, okay?" I mumble as a countdown appears on the screen before us. I shift closer to Dallas, taking her face in my hand, posing next to her with a grin.

Refusing to take the moment seriously, Dallas crosses her eyes and sticks her tongue out just as the flash goes off.

"Can you be serious?" I groan, shoving her arm with my elbow.

"Oh my gosh." Dallas rolls her eyes, a smug smile tugging at her lips. "It's just a photobooth, Mar. We're not taking headshots."

"Just a photobooth?" I repeat, certain the irritation I'm feeling is evident in my expression. "Dallas, updating our social media feeds to coincide with our plan is important! Besides, you know I refuse to post bad photos."

Dallas exhales a frustrated huff. She leans forward, closing her eyes and pressing her lips to my cheek as the last flash goes off. I ignore the way my heart pounds as she pulls away.

"There," she mumbles. She doesn't face me as she runs a hand through her hair, opening the booth curtain. "Happy now?"

"Very." Smirking, I rise from my seat, snatching the photo sheet as it exits the slot. I take a picture of the last photo on the strip, adding emojis and drawing pink hearts around the two of us after applying a black and white filter.

I show Dallas the picture after uploading it to my Instagram story.

"Cute," she muses as we continue walking. "Almost looks real."

A smile works across my lips. "It does, doesn't it?"

Giggling, I extend the photo strip to Dallas. As she surveys the images, I point to the one of Dallas crossing her eyes while I sit at her side, smiling like an angel.

"Maybe I should post this one," I taunt.

Dallas blanches. She shakes her head as she shoots me a warning glare.

"Don't you dare, Singh," she murmurs.

As we enter a row of food stalls, the smell of funnel cakes and corndogs lingering in the air has my stomach growling. The sound is embarrassingly loud.