take me to your best friend's house

Goten tapped his fingers on his small wooden desk, his chin resting on his left palm as he watched the seconds on the clock tick by. Three more minutes and class would be over. He was in his least favourite class. Science. Out of his peripheral vision he could see his classmate Yume, his grade's Queen Bee, stick her hand up to which his teacher, Mr Kai replied.

"Yes Yume?" Mr Kai looked at the girl.

"If science says that we never actually die and just turn into star dust aren't ghosts real?" She smiled, achieving a few laughs from her question. Everyone knew Yume loved to torment teachers.

"Well uh no. Ghosts aren't real." Mr Kai responded, clearing his throats. "It's just not possible."

Goten puffed his cheeks out with air, when would this torment end. As if Kami answered his prayers himself, the bell rung and Goten picked up his bag and almost ran down the halls. He exited the school building and took in the fresh air, he hadn't realise how much the school had been suffocating him. He spotted his friends at the bottom of the stairs, Chok especially waving at him.

"What's up guys." Goten said as he approached them. Goten was only really friends with Chok, but Chok's friends tagged along too. There was Fayra, a blonde girl in their grade, and Pensir, a short stubby boy who transferred there a year ago.

"Nothing much just waiting for you." Chok responded.

"School only just finished?" Goten scratched the back of his head in confusion.

"We had a free period." Chok gestured to the rest and Goten nodded. As they spoke about their day, Yume butted into the conversation.

"Hey guys." She smiled. Everyone smiled back at her, Goten had to admit, he did find her pretty.

"Anyway like I was saying." Chok dove back into conversation. "There's this new pizza place I was thinking we should try out today. What do you guys think?" Everyone agreed one by one, finally looking to Goten for his answer.

"Sure-"

"Goten!" A loud voice rung through the front yard of the school causing everyone to turn their heads. Goten turned around in shock only to be met with the sight of a blue haired boy standing at the top of the school steps waving at him, Trunks, his best friend. "You left this at my house!" He yelled once again, holding up a pair of underwear with a teddy bear pattern on them. Goten chuckled nervously, did Trunks seriously have to embarrass him in front of his friends and pretty girl?

Before he could defend himself to the group, Yume spoke up.

"You know Trunks from the year above?" She gushed.

"Yeah he's my best friend." Goten replied, looking back at Trunks once more who leapt in the air from the top of the stairs, landing right in front of Goten.

"Woah..." All of Gotens' friends simultaneously spoke.

"How did you do that?!" Chok exclaimed.

"That was quite the jump Trunks!" Yume spoke astonished, her hand coming up to cover her mouth in shock.

"Yeah Trunks..." Goten gritted through his teeth. "It was almost not humanly possible!" He fake smiled at him.

"Ah... sorry." Trunks whispered with a nervous smile. "Anyway here's your underwear." Trunks shoved the piece of clothing in Goten's face.

"Eugh... did you really have to do that." Goten replied annoyed but Trunks just grinned at him.

"Anyway Ten..." Trunks swung his arm around Goten's shoulders. "Wanna hang out?"

"Oh actually I was-" Goten was cut off once more.

"You should come hang with us!" Yume said quickly. "We're all going to get pizza." She smiled sweetly at him.