marmalade, we're making out

Goten walked out of his classroom, the midday sun casting a warm glow over the school grounds. He was looking forward to a relaxing afternoon, maybe catching up on some training or hanging out with Trunks later. As he reached for his bag, his phone buzzed in his pocket. It was Gohan.

"Hey, Goten," Gohan's voice sounded slightly urgent over the phone. "I hate to ask, but could you do me a huge favor? I'm stuck at the office, and I can't leave. Videl is busy too and Piccolo and Dad are doing some drivers test or something? Could you pick up Pan from kindergarten for me?"

Goten sighed inwardly. He loved his niece Pan dearly, but spending the afternoon with her wasn't what he was expecting.

"Sure, Gohan. No problem," he replied reluctantly. "I'll swing by and pick her up."

"Thanks, Goten! I owe you one," Gohan said gratefully before hanging up.

As Goten headed towards the school gate, lost in his thoughts, he nearly bumped into someone. It was Trunks, leaning casually against his levitating bike with a smirk on his face.

"Hey, Goten! Fancy seeing you here," Trunks greeted him with a playful grin. "Got any plans this afternoon?"

Goten chuckled, shaking his head. "Sorry Trunks, I can't hangout today. I have to head over to pick up Pan from kindergarten for Gohan."

Trunks raised an eyebrow. "Pan?  What a coincidence! Bulla goes to the same school. Why don't we go together? We can ride my bike." Goten considered it for a moment. It would certainly make the errand more enjoyable, and he could spend time with Trunks before heading back.

"Alright, Trunks. Thanks," Goten agreed with a smile, climbing onto the bike behind Trunks and wrapping his arms around his waist.

"Ah so I see you learnt from last time." Trunks spoke with a tinge of playfulness in his voice.

"That you built an absolute death machine? Yeah I've learned my lesson." Goten replied

Trunks revved up the bike, and they zoomed off towards the elementary school. When they arrived, they spotted Bulla's nanny waiting at the gate. Trunks didn't hesitate; he confidently approached her.

"Hey Mina, take the rest of the day off. I'll take care of Bulla" Trunks said casually, waving her away. The nanny looked surprised but nodded, clearly appreciative of the unexpected break. Trunks turned back to Goten with a smirk. Goten chuckled softly, feeling grateful for Trunks' company and his knack for making things easier. Together, they entered the kindergarten, greeted by the happy squeals of children playing. Goten found Pan quickly, her face lighting up at the sight of him.

"Uncle Goten!" Pan exclaimed, running towards him. "Are we going home now?"

Goten scooped her up in his arms, smiling warmly. "Yep, we're heading home. Trunks is here too."

"Oh Pan do you know these boys?" Her teacher asked her.

"Yup this is my uncle and his boyfriend!" She replied happily.

"What? Pan what are you saying?" Goten asked with a blush spread across his face. He looked at her with shock on his face. Pan beamed at Trunks, who winked at her playfully.

"Hey Pan, have you seen Bulla around?" Pan nodded enthusiastically,

"She's in Mr Taka's class!" Pan exclaimed and Trunks high fived her.

"Thank you!" Trunks quickly walked away to find his sister.

Once Trunks returned with Bulla, they walked outside the kindergarten, the warm breeze rustling the leaves overhead. Pan and Bulla, full of energy and excitement, immediately started pleading for a play date as soon as they stepped out of the gates.