❅ The Ticket Master ❅

Episode: 3, Season 1
Word Count: 6,610
Third Person

•~❅~•

"No. Nope. Nope..." Spike looks through the basket of apples Twilight carries, throwing out any that don't meet his standards. Aurelia and Applejack walk with Twilight, each also carrying apples.

Applejack leads the two unicorns through her orchard, "Thank you kindly, you both, for helping me out. I bet Big McIntosh I could get all these Golden Delicious in the barn by lunchtime. If I win, he's gonna walk down Stirrup Street in one of Granny's girdles." She chuckles.

"More than happy to help," Aurelia smiles, "this is easier than dealing with a snowstorm, after all..."

Twilight trots faster, "No problem at all, Applejack. I'm glad the goal is lunchtime. All this hard work is making me hungry."

"I know, right?" Spike says, still throwing apples out of the baskets. While doing so, one had hit Twilight in the head, and she gave him a warning glance. Aurelia laughed lightly to herself.

Twilight focuses forward, "Puh-lease, Spike. You've been lounging on my back all morning while we worked."

"Exactly. You two are taking so long, I missed snack time," Spike pats his stomach with disdain.

Twilight's stomach grumbles and laughs nervously, "Eh, I guess we better get some food."

"Uh, Twi, can I come too?" Aurelia walks next to her friend.

"Of course, Reli! We'll head there after we finish here," she smiles again.

Spike goes back to digging through the apple basket, "Nope." He pulls out an apple with a worm then throws that, and finally, "A-ha!"

He pulls out a shiny, big, red apple, holding it up in the air proudly.

Twilight licks her lips as she looks at the apple, "Oh Spike, that looks delicious!"

And it isn't long before Spike is munching on said apple.

While Aurelia giggles, Twilight looks annoyed at him, "Spike."

"What?" He swallows, then burps.

However, his burp of small green flames becomes a scroll with the royal symbol on it.

"It's a letter from Princess Celestia," Twilight points out.

As the scroll floats down, Spike hops off Twilight's back to catch it as the others slow to a stop.

Spike clears his throat as he begins to read, "Hear ye, hear ye. Her Grand Royal Highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce the Grand Galloping Gala to be held in the magnificent capital city of Canterlot, on the 21st day of, eh, yadda yadda yadda, cordially extends an invitation to Twilight Sparkle and Aurelia plus one guest."

Applejack and Twilight gasp, "The Grand Galloping Gala!"

Their eyes shine and they cheer, though Aurelia stares at them with a confused expression. "Um, what's the Grand Galloping Gala?"

"Only the best event held in all of Equestria!" Twilight smiles, "And we get to attend it! Ooo, we have an extra ticket too, we can agree on someone to bring since these were both addressed to us."

"Oh... yay?" Aurelia hesitantly cheers, still needing more of an explanation.

Spike deadpans at the cheering ponies, mimicking throwing up. He burps a moment later, golden tickets forming from his fire. "Look, three tickets."

"Wow, great!" Twilight cheers, "I've never been to the gala. Have you, Spike?"

"No, and I plan to keep it that way. I don't want any of that girly frilly frou-frou nonsense," Spike dismisses the thought by waving his hand.