Chapter 13 - mature content-

Taylor's POV

I loved cooking; it was the one normal thing I had in my life. There were no cameras on me, and if it wasn't perfect, nobody had to see it. As I placed the last dish in the oven, my phone buzzed. It was a call from my mom. I answered, turning the camera around to face me.

"Hey, Tay sweetie, you haven't called in a few days. Tree said you needed some time. Are you okay?" Her voice was full of concern.

"Yeah, Mom, I need to talk to you about something," I said, setting a timer on the oven and taking a deep breath.

"What is it, sweetie?" she asked, her worry palpable. The last few times I had something to tell her, it had been bad news, so her concern was understandable.

"I met someone," I said, releasing a breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

"That's amazing, sweetie! Are you sure you're ready?" my mom asked, her voice a mix of excitement and caution.

"No, but he's okay with that. I'm actually visiting him at the moment," I said, acutely aware that my mom knew I wasn't in LA or NY because Tree would have told her, but she didn't know where I was.

"When will I get to meet this man who has somehow got my baby smiling again?" my mom asked, and it was the first time I realized I was smiling for a reason other than for show in months.

"Soon, I hope. We're talking to Tree tonight, which is why I'm cooking. As soon as I know, I'll tell you," I paused, but before my mom could respond, I continued, "Travis is amazing and so kind. I haven't told him about everything, and he's okay with that. He has never made me do anything, and he doesn't care that I write. He bought a piano and guitar for me to leave here so I always have them," I said, gushing over the thoughtful things he had done for me.

"He seems great, honey. I do need to go; I have a meeting with some of the tour contractors for Europe but just wanted to make sure you were okay. And, well, it seems like you are."

"Okay, Mom. Love you."

"Love you too. Please tell your dad and brother they need to see you smile like this." And with that, she ended the call.

I couldn't have imagined talking to my parents about Matty that way; it was never a relationship I was proud of. But even though I had met Travis less than a month ago, all I wanted to do was scream that I was his.

I took a moment to absorb the warmth that the conversation had brought me. It was so different, feeling this level of support and excitement from my family.

I turned around as I heard the door click open. Travis walked into the kitchen, and I moved toward him, pressing up against his chest. His presence always made me feel safe and warm.

"Hey baby girl," he greeted, kissing the top of my head. The endearment was new, but it instantly became my favorite. It felt intimate and special.

"I like that," I murmured, closing my eyes and savoring the moment.

"What? Me calling you 'baby girl'?" he asked, his lips trailing to kiss behind my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Yeah," I sighed contentedly.

"Well then, I'll have to make sure to call you that more often, won't I?" he said with a playful smile, peeling away from me slightly.

"I have something to tell you," I announced with a big smile, excitement bubbling inside me.

"And what is that?" he asked, his full attention on me. The way he looked at me, genuinely interested in what I had to say, made my heart flutter. It had been so long since anyone cared so much about my thoughts and feelings.