Chapter 4

Second Chance at First Line - S1 Ep2

Edited: No

POV: Narrator

  The next morning Scott is leaning against the Jeep, parked at the edge of the Hale property, as he watches Derek get marches out of the house in handcuffs by a deputy and the Sheriff. Derek looks over at Scott with a scowl, that causes Scott to look at his feet looking guilty, just before Derek was pushed inside the Sheriffs cruiser out of the corner of his eye he noticed Arden, walking over, confused on what was happening.

Arden finally arrived at Scott's side and shoves him, pretty hard to get his attention. Scott turns around quickly "Arden..."

"I can't believe you right now." Arden raises her voice.

"Arden, please-" Scott tries to explain

"No! You just got my cousin arrested. FOR MURDER!" Arden pushes Scott again. "I excused your behaviour, because I know your going through a lot, and you were just blaming Derek to blame someone, but I really didn't think you'd actually go this far."

"Arden, I'm sorry, really sorry, but we found the other half of the body, on his property. I'm sorry." Scott looks in Arden eyes, to show her he wasn't lying. Arden just shakes her head and looks to the side seeing Stiles marching through the trees, heading for the car Derek was in.

She sucked her teeth before turning back to Scott "Maybe you should focus more on what Stiles is doing, rather than getting one of my only surviving relatives arrested." She said, before pushing past Scott, walking over to talk to the Sheriff.

Scott looked around, trying to look for Stiles, before seeing him get in the front of the car with Derek, "No!" Scott muttered turning around pretending he didn't see.

Meanwhile as Stiles get into the front passenger seat, turning so he can face Derek, "Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you."

Derek's head is tilted down, moving only his eyes to scowl at Stiles, which in turn terrifies him. "...Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just wanna know something." Stiles shifts in his seat "The girl you killed? She was a Werewolf." Derek continues to scowl blankly at Stiles. "She was a different kind, wasn't she? I mean, she could turn herself into an actual wolf, and I know Scott can't do that and I'm pretty sure Arden can't. Is that why you killed her?"

Derek finally lifts his head to speak "Why are you so worried about me, when it's your friend who's the problem?" Derek tilts his head toward where Scott is standing. "When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're gonna do huh? Just keep cheering him on?"

Stiles gulps anxiously, knowing Derek is right. "I can't stop him from playing, but you can.." Derek moves closer to the metal grid that separates the two "And trust me, you want to."

"Sheriff." Arden says as she approaches him.

"Arden, I'm so sorry-" He starts before getting cut off by Arden.

"It's fine, not your fault. Just keep me updated? And Stiles is trying to talk to Derek." Arden rats him out.

"Of course." Sheriff Stilinski sighs, being able to see Stiles in the car through the window. "And thank you, excuse me." Arden nods, watching him drag Stiles out of the car, with a small amused smile.