16- fall is here, hear the yell

Svetlana and Bucky were good.

For the first time in a long time, they had managed to create normalcy in their lives.

Seattle was a big and crowded city which had its pros and cons. Pros were that there were more people, making it easier to blend in and go unnoticed. The con was that more people made it easier to get spotted by the trained eye.

After they arrived they spent two days in that motel before they were back to their large SUV, but Svetlana didn't even mind it. Now that they had a place to park it semi-permanently, she continued to steal items to make it more "roomy" and for her entertainment.

One time the girl actually came back with a whole foldable easel complete with six paint colors and two canvas.

Because they now had three rows of seats, the sleeping arraignment had gotten one hundred percent better for James.

He took the trunk part which with the back seats down, folded out for a space big enough for him to lay comfortably sideways.  Svetlana took the middle row which still was perfect for the short girl.

After a week of being in the state, James landed a job in a small Italian restaurant as a waiter. He was honestly shocked to his core that he was able to get the job, but he figured the manager- who was a nice older woman who gave Svetlana lollipops, took pity on his situation because of the inconsolable Svet that hung onto him the whole video after she randomly burst into tears.

Cathy- his manager, let them park their car in the back parking lot behind the restaurant. They never had to worry about food because she would let him take leftover pasta or bread, sometimes even desserts. Svetlana had learned that her favorite sweet ever was chocolate cake with chocolate icing over the months they lived in Seattle.

Work was good, money was coming in, and soon enough after two months of working from morning to night, James was able to afford a small-bedroom apartment.

It was small but compared to the car they had been living in for 2 months, it was a mansion.

Sometimes James would take her to work, sometimes he would leave her at the apartment. Even though Cathy encouraged him to bring her, he tried not to for two reasons. One, he didn't want more people seeing her than needed, and two, she wasn't exactly the best listener.

The kitchen staff adored her and often made her whatever she asked, free of charge. Even after he told her to stay in Cathy's office and not move, she always ended up with her friends in the kitchen.

No one knew their real names. Here they were Daniel and Zerina- Zurry and Dan for short.

When asked her name, Svetlana immediately went to that name again. It was the same one she used when she asked why he had named her Svetlana. He'd been meaning to ask her what it meant, but he needed to find the right time.

On the days he did leave Svet in the apartment, he felt guilty the whole day. He imagined her being bored all day with nothing to do but draw.

Their lives were finally fine. Hardly any more nightmares raided their minds as they slept, and they weren't constantly on the road.

Despite having a car, the two walked everywhere when they were out which was rare, but they walked because they couldn't stand being in a car any more than they had to be anymore.

Still, Bucky lived in constant worry that they would be recognized or tracked somehow. It made him uneasy how many people knew of them, Cathy, the kitchen staff. It was all too much.

Seattle lasted for around 3 months- almost four. But too many people knew their faces, knew their names, even if they were fake.

Svetlana was devastated when they left. She cried and cried until she eventually fell asleep in the back. When she woke up they were in a small town a good amount away from Seattle.