18.

Two weeks had passed since the confrontation, the revelations, and the betrayal. Surprisingly, things had calmed down. The Merry siblings were growing closer, Kieran and Elizabeth were deepening their relationship, and Luna had chosen to be open and honest, keeping everyone she loved close.

One day, Elizabeth was in the kitchen preparing lunch when Kieran walked in behind her.

"What are you burning this time?" he joked, peering over her shoulder.

"Shut up! I've been thinking about something," she replied.

"What is it?" he asked, his brow furrowing in curiosity.

"Do you still change into the beast?" she asked, meeting his gaze.

"Yes, but I can control it now," he replied.

"Really? I haven't seen you transform lately."

"That's because you've been sleeping like a rock," he smirked.

"It's a controlled transformation now. I can manage it, unlike before," he added.

Elizabeth turned to face him, her curiosity piqued. "So you can choose when to change? That must be... liberating."

"It is," Kieran agreed, his tone turning serious. "But it comes with challenges. I have to balance my elven side with the beast. Sometimes, when emotions run high, the beast wants to take over."

Elizabeth nodded, understanding dawning on her. "I remember when you were about to rip Lysandra apart."

"Yeah, she's a real mess sometimes," Kieran admitted.

"Focus, Kieran," Elizabeth said playfully, tossing some flour at him. "The beast is part of you, just like your past. You need to embrace both to find peace."

"I know," he replied, his expression earnest. "I'm still learning. I want to be the best for you and us."

Her heart swelled at his words. "You're doing great, Kieran. We're all works in progress."

Kieran's gaze softened. "You make it easier, Elizabeth. Being with you helps me see the good."

She smiled and stepped closer, feeling the warmth between them. "You're not alone. We're in this together-siblings, romance, and everything in between."

Kieran brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "You're right. I want to protect that bond."

Just then, Luna burst into the kitchen, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Are you two going to kiss or what? Because if you are, I'd like to take notes for my next book."

Kieran rolled his eyes, trying not to smile. "Not everything has to be about your stories, Luna."

"Of course it does! More drama makes a better plot, and you two have plenty to work with," she exclaimed.

Elizabeth laughed and shook her head. "Maybe we should write our own story instead of letting Luna do it."

Kieran raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in his eye. "Oh, really? What would you call it? 'The Adventures of Kieran the Beast and Elizabeth the Chef'?"

"Very clever," she replied, crossing her arms. "How about 'My Beast'? It has a nice ring to it."

Luna clapped her hands, excited. "I love it! But you need epic battles and, of course, a talking fox."

Ethan walked in taking a bite from his apple. "Only if you promise not to drool on the pages, Luna."

"Hey!"

Their banter filled the kitchen with laughter, but Elizabeth couldn't shake the feeling that something was looming on the horizon. The calmness felt fragile, and the threat of Radiance lingered, even if it was momentarily forgotten.