Everything Has Changed

"Seattle, it is my honor and delight to say these words to you

"Seattle, it is my honor and delight to say these words to you... Welcome to The Eras Tour!" and in a blink of an eye...

"Welcome to the acoustic set! This is my favorite part of the night, but also the most nerve-racking, because here's the thing I've been doing on this tour... it's called The Eras Tour, so the idea is, shouldn't I be playing as many songs from as many albums as possible that I may have never played live or acoustic before? It's a challenge. And I feel like it is more fun that way. I have not... I don't repeat songs, I always try to do two new songs in the acoustic section. So tonight, I figured I would do one that I never played acoustic, and see if you know it..."

"It was so nice throwing big parties..." I sang, and everyone started scream singing back to me. It took me back to The Reputation Tour, how I noted how much I loved the Seattle crowd in my diary. The best crowd to play in front of.

After finishing 'This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things', I walked over to the piano and started wrapping my mind around what was about to happen.

"I like to be very honest with you when there is going to be a special guest, and there isn't one tonight, you're stuck with just me," I spoke into the microphone while making sure the piano was in tune and working right. The crowd cheers kept getting louder and louder. "I'm serious, it's just me," I said turning around. "Oh, are you clapping for me?" I asked with a giggle. "That is so nice of you, thank you. Um, this song... I love this song, and I wrote this with one of my really great friends... who is not here, it's not a joke, but I do love him and I love this song. It just feels so fitting for right now, here... with this crowd."

"All I knew this morning when I woke is I know something now, know something now I didn't before..." You can tell when a song is an instant crowd-pleaser and this was just that. "Cause all I know is we said, "hello" and your eyes look like coming home. All I know is a simple name... everything has changed."

And then 24 hours later we were doing the same thing all over again.

"Seattle, welcome to the acoustic section of the evening. So this being The Eras Tour, I wanted to do something new and just really challenge myself to explore every corner of the catalog of music that I've made... and songs that I haven't ever played live before, that sounds exciting to me. In the case of this song... I just haven't played it live since I recorded it... so I hope you like it."

"I know that you like me, and it's kinda frightening standing here waiting, waiting... and I became hypnotized by freckles and bright eyes... tongue-tied. But now, you're so far away and I'm down feeling like a face in the crowd..." I already knew this would be a hit, and the Seattle crowd was so fun with this one. It felt almost like a movie seeing everyone sing, and dance in the crowd.

I fully intended on giving Seattle a full Eras experience, so the piano surprise song just made sense...

"Seems the only one who doesn't see your beauty is the face in the mirror looking back at you," I always get nervous singing songs from my debut album on tour. I know people know them, but still, those songs are from seemingly forever ago, so I can't blame them if they would've forgotten them. "You're tied together with a smile but you're coming undone... oh woah woah... goodbye, baby... with a smile baby, baby..."