Chapter 15: A surprise part1

It was dark and advit heard a voice from afar… “ADVIT…..ADVIT!”

He got surprised as no one here knew his name except for the king and commander and this was none of them as the voice was of an old man.

It was comimg from the jungle. Advit came out of the mansion and started to walk in the direction of the voice.

“Who are you?” he shouted.

He was continuously reaching towards the voice and the voice was getting louder and clearer.

ADVIT…ADVIT it says.

After a few steps more towards the voice, he saw two shadows standing in front of him, one of a old man and other of an old lady.

Advit walked slowly and carefully towards them and asked “who are you and how do you know me?”

The old man replied “ I AM YOUR FATHER ADVIT! COME TO ME, WE CAME HERE TO TAKE YOU WITH US!”

Advit was shocked. He wanted this for so many years to happen. His eyes filled with tears and he whispered “ father….mother…”

He wanted to see their faces from the time he was young. It was really the most awaited moment in his life but his body was trembling. It was very hard to take the next step as the steps were too heavy. The moment he steped forward to see them… he felt a hand over his head and heard a voice “are you all right?”

Advit opened his eyes and found that it was nothing but a dream.

And who is in front of him are not his parents but Adyant.

Advit was still breathing heavily. He thought “I was not feeling well last night and was not able to sleep. May be it’s the reason when I fell asleep, I ended up with such a disturbing dream.”

Samarthya asked him again “are you all right? I came here and found that you were restless and sweating. Did you see a nightmare?”

He sat up and replied “no…or may be yes…I don’t know wether to call it a nightmare or the dream I always wanted to come true. Its just something, I cant explain wether I want it or I am afraid of it.”

“its okay” Samarthya replied “sometimes, what we want the most, is something so unnatural, so drastic, that we ourselves don’t know how we will handle it when it will actually happen. Its just because wether for good or bad, humans have the tendency to resist changes. Any big change in life, is something they cant accept so easily.”

So what should we do in that case? Should we still follow the dream or leave it because it will change our lives forever?” advit asked.

“According to me, if you have always dreamt of it, you must not be afraid of it. It might be something different, but once you accept it, you will realise why you always wanted it.”Samarthya replied.

Advit looked up in Samarthya’s eyes and asked “do you have any such dream which you are afraid of?”

Before Samarthya could reply, commander knocked the door “greetings maharaj! The preparations you asked for are all done.”

King replied “okay Suryaksha! Wait for us outside, we are coming in a few minutes.”

“Ji maharaj” commander replied and went away.

Samarthya said to Advit “oh I am sorry I forgot to tell you, that we are going somewhere, if you are feeling okay then get ready, we have to depart in a few minutes otherwise we can…”

Advit interupted “ no no adyant, I am fine, but tell me where we are going?”

Samarthya replied “actually it’s a surprise for you. Get up and get ready, I am waiting for you outside.”