Chapter 30: Another Surprise

Taylor's POV:
It's now one day until my birthday. Travis is watching the girls while me, Karlie, Abi and Selena have a girls day. We are walking around the mall and I see a little girl with a big group of girls. She looks like she's maybe 3 or 4 years old and the rest look like they're 5 and older. There's one who looks like she's 12 and she's the one carrying the little girl. The little girl wiggles out of the older girl's arms and runs towards me. I kneel down and put my arms out. She runs into my arms and clings to me. "Looks like we have an escape artist." Abi said jokingly. That made the girl cry. "Hey, she's just kidding sweetheart. Shhh." I say as I rub her back. A woman walks over, "I'm so sorry. Chloe always runs when she's see's a woman." She said. "No, no, no. It's okay. I get it." I say. "Her name's Chloe?" I ask as I stand up with Chloe in my arms. "Yes. Chloe Sage Thomson." She said. "Okay. I'm going to help her calm down." I say. "Okay. Thank you so much. Meet me at Miss Minchin's School For Girls when she's calmed down." She said. "A school?" I ask. "Well, it's not really a school. It's a boarding school or as some people call it, an orphanage." She said. Chloe lives in an orphanage? No wonder she runs to women. She's looking for a mom. "Okay. Thank you." I say. *Time Skip to the orphanage*
Taylor's POV:
Abi had pulled into the parking lot of the orphanage. Karlie, Abi and Selena are staying in the car while I'm bringing Chloe in. Chloe was holding onto me. I walk in to see girls sitting and doing schoolwork while a little girl who is African American, is sweeping and mopping the floor. The woman who I saw at the mall, walked over. "Thank you so much for being helpful with Chloe." She said. "No problem. Chloe's so cute." I say. "BECKY! YOU CALL THAT MOPPING?! GET UP TO THE ATTIC NOW!" Another woman shouted. Chloe buried her head into my shoulder. The screaming must have scared her. "What's your name?" The kind woman asked. "Taylor. What's yours?" I say. "Amelia. That's my big sister, Maria." She said. The mean woman walks over, "Amelia, why is she holding Chloe? Shouldn't Chloe be helping Sara?" She asked. "Well, Maria, Taylor was at the mall me and the girls went to and Chloe kinda escaped and ran to her. Taylor's just bringing her back." Amelia explained. "Oh, I see. Well, thank you Taylor. You can go." She said. After the way she screamed at that poor girl mopping the floor, there is NO way I'm leaving. "No thank you. I think I'll stay." I say. Amelia lead me to the office, "What would you like to do about Chloe?" She asked. "I would like to adopt her." I say. "Okay. Will there be a name change." She said. "A little tweak." I say. "Okay. Let's hear it." She said. "Chloe Marjorie Kelce-Swift." I say. "Okay. Taylor, she's good to go." She said. "Thank you." I say. Travis is going to be SO mad at me. It's a full house now.