CHAPTER 25:

Disgusted.

She felt disgusted with herself. How could she have allowed that to happen? Allow herself to kiss the annihilator of her friends and family? How disgusting. How traitorous. She failed to withhold the barrier. She allowed it to collapse.

Dark hair was dishevelled as Ivy speed walked through the silent, vacant hallways, her breath coming out in thick gasps and vibrating against the ancient walls due to the rush after she'd left Tom and their heated kiss. Her lips still tingled. It was a great kiss, she had to admit. She didn't think Tom knew how to kiss like that or was even capable of doing so. She bit her lower lip. Yet she still wasn't satisfied.

A groan escaped her mouth as Ivy shook her head, her throat growing such an enormous lump that she could feel her breathing becoming restricted. What the fuck was she thinking?! If her loved ones knew what sin she had committed, their eyes would be filled with disappointment and disgust rather than optimism and adoration. It would be heart-breaking.

Fuck, it was equally heart-breaking to see that expression on Tom's face when she pushed him away. But why was she getting guilty over that?! She gripped her hair tightly in her hands and squeezed her eyes shut as her mind reminisced about what had occurred moments ago.

She moaned into the mouth that was kissing her passionately, the kiss gradually returning to hunger as she felt the fragile muscle of her bottom lip being lightly pulled by sharp teeth. Her fingers dug into the soft, velvety roots of Tom's thick locks, clenching them so tightly that she smirked over his lips when she heard a slight moan. Her vacant hand leisurely cascaded down from his chest to his back, her fingers sneakily untucking his shirt and slithering their way up his spine.

Feeling him twitch under her fingertips, his back muscles flexing and contracting beneath the tips of her fingers as if he were aching more for her touch, caused her to feel a sense of power as her lips pulled to a smirk. How submissive.

As if reading her mind, Tom released a hold from Ivy, and his soft lips trailed small, heated kisses down the side of her mouth and over her jaw before slowly descending to her throat, where her jugular vein was throbbing intensely.

She gasped and sank her fingernails into the silky, clean skin of Tom's back when she felt him suck on her pulse hardly.

"Ah!" She let out a soft cry when she felt his teeth bite into her pulse roughly, the bump pulsing relentlessly that it felt as though she could feel fresh, warm blood coursing throughout her.

Her head angled towards Tom, exposing the delicate skin of her neck as if she were offering him more access to his forbidden kisses and marks, as well as offering her pure, intoxicating mortal blood as if he were a vampire.

When she felt his warm tongue slowly trail circles over the painful incisions he created, she let out a quiet moan, similar to a whine, which sent a soothing sensation down her spine until he slowly trailed up to her jugular, over her jawline, and paused at her parted lips, leaving a lingering and breath-taking aftertaste.

Grey orbs struck open when she felt a hand encircle around her neck lightly, her head turning to confront flaming, ravenous obsidian eyes. Tom bent his head low to her parted lips, which were panting out laboured breaths and quiet sounds.

"Do you still despise me as you say you do?" He muttered against her lips, his warm breath causing the two sore muscles to throb, aching for relief.

The hand around her neck squeezed her slightly, causing her to realise that she hadn't responded to his question. She gave a short nod before quickly using her voice.