Actual Part 2

It doesn't take Chalcedony long to pack all their things into their gem. They only brought a few cacti (that somehow managed to survive in an ice cavern) and a chest. They fly back to the warp and go to Rose's fountain. Amethyst has already broken a pillar in boredom.
     "Look who's finally here! You took forever! I almost shattered waiting on you," Amethyst jokes.
     "I took five minutes?" Chalcedony says, stuffing their ax back into their gem.
     "Dude, I was joking."
     "Oh. You didn't do the voice alter thing, though," Chalcedony notes.
     "Is that the only way you can tell if something is a joke?" Amethyst teases.
     "Yes, actually, now where's this 'temple,'" Chalcedony asks.
     "Follow me," Amethyst says, stepping onto the warp pad. Chalcedony stands on the warp pad next to her. After a flicker of blue light, they're gone from the fountain.

     Pearl prepares her spear, staring directly at the warp.
     "They're not a threat," Garnet tells her.
     Pearl looks around to make sure Steven isn't home early. After concluding he's not, she shouts, "'Not a threat' my ass!"
     "They're gentle, afraid, short, and still not back at full strength. They can't do any harm," Garnet says. Suddenly, a flash of blue light fills the room.
     "Yo P. Yo G-squad," Amethyst says. Chalcedony hides behind her, shaking a bit.
     Pearl gasps, but her hand gets forced over her own mouth. She shakes, trying to speak. Meanwhile, Chalcedony looks at her and mouths.'I won't tell them if you don't.'
     "They need to be quarantined AWAY from Steven until we can say for sure they're not a threat to his wellbeing!" Pearl says, after trying to speak for roughly thirty seconds.
     "'Quarantined'? Seriously?" Chalcedony asks.
     "EXACTLY! QUARANTINED!" Pearl shouts before running into her room.
     "Ugh, I hate when she does that! Running off with no explanation, no information, just leaves!" Amethyst shouts. Chalcedony flinches and covers where their ears would be if they had any.
     "Please," Chalcedony mumbles, "not too loud..."
     "Right. Chalcedonys are trackers. Very sensitive to sound," Garnet remembers.
     "... where do I stay..?" Chalcedony asks.
     "You have a choice between the roof and a lake in Amethyst's room," Garnet says.
     "Why MY room??" Amethyst asks.
     "They clearly won't be tolerated in Pearl's room, and they're an ice gem. My room is mostly lava."
     "Why not just the roof?" Amethyst asks.
     "Your room has ponds. Ice gems are technically water gems and feel comfortable in water," Garnet says, "Also you have extra space."
     "Ugh," Amethyst complains.
     "... can I see the options first?" Chalcedony asks.
     "Outside," Garnet points to the door, "Amethyst's room," Garnet points towards Amethyst and the gem door. She then goes into her own room.
     "Alright, follow me, Frosty," Amethyst commands.
     "If you call me that again, I'm making a necklace out of your gem."
     "Woah, there. CHILL out!" Amethyst jokes.
     Chalcedony snickers and follows her. They walk into her room, seeing the giant junk piles and the crystal pillars. They immediately spot two close pillars next to a decent sized puddle.
     "Could I stay there?" Chalcedony asks.
     "Sure, knock yourself out," Amethyst shrugs. Chalcedony flies up onto the crystal formations and pulls out some wood planks, setting them on top of the two pillars, making a makeshift loft room. They set down their cacti and chest of items onto the wood, mostly setting them on top of the crystals for stability.
     "Thank you for your hospitality," Chalcedony says, flying back down.
     "Sure," Amethyst stays, waking out of the room.
     Once nobody was in the room, Chalcedony gripped their own arms and collapsed to the ground, shaking, "She knows. She knows who I am. She knows WHAT I am. I mean- hey, you know what she was! This'll be fine, I mean, why would Pink Diamond's old Pearl want to hurt me?" They fly up to their makeshift room and pull a sketchbook out of their box, putting it next to the cacti. They make a 'bed' of ice, and try to sleep.