Video games Night

One night when Jake and Macie are on the couch with the console.
Videogame: The Last Of Us.

Macie with a bowl of popcorn on Jake's lap, watching the game like she was watching a movie. She's never touched a controller, so just watch.

Jake occasionally asks her if she's bored, since he doesn't want to force her to watch him while he plays and that they could do something else.
She answers no, she likes to see how good he is at playing, since it surprises her because she hasn't seen many people play with controllers either.

From time to time, she raises her hand to put popcorn in his mouth, to which he accepts, and then kisses her fingers in gratitude. That makes her blush.

There are moments when Macie screams, cries, laughs. She feels very involved in the plot. So much so that Jake is amused to see her react.

The moment Joel tells Ellie that she is not his daughter and he is not her father, she yells at him as if she heard a bunch of insults. To which Jake can't stop laughing even more.

It is then the final moment. She remains silent, looking at the screen. He doesn't know what to say or how to react. But she has been left with a feeling of emptiness as if she had played.

She turns and looks at Jake, asking if there is a continuation of the game.
He simply strokes her head with a nervous smile, remembering that he played it recently and says:

"You are not ready to see that game yet, you'd better wait a little."