E I G H T .

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯NOW PLAYING :  Treasure in the Hills by Leon Thomas

──∘◦‧✩‧◦∘──Medical Complex | Lebeau, LouisianaMonday, August 15, 10:17 A

──∘◦✩‧◦∘──
Medical Complex | Lebeau, Louisiana
Monday, August 15, 10:17 A.M.

"..You're set to go, champ! Thank you so much for coming by to see us today. Y'all take care now" Dr. George said with a warm smile. "Later, fellas," Dr. Ellis added, giving them a friendly nod. "Bye," Levi and Deonte said in unison as they left the doctor's office and the medical complex.

Deonte felt a wave of relief wash over him. He had just undergone a thorough physical exam and health screening from head to toe by two doctors who were quick, efficient, professional, and understanding.

It wasn't just about medical care; it was about being understood and respected. One feeling that has remained consistent since stepping foot in Lebeau. A stark difference from the constant attention and harassment from fans and paparazzi that came with his fame. Lebeau was truly a safe haven for peace and respect for everyone who stepped foot here.

Before leaving, when he went to the front desk to pay for his services in full, they handed him a month's supply of herbal supplements to help him with his game and focus and instructions too.

As he walked beside Levi to the car, Deonte opened the passenger side door and glanced at him. "Why did you ask for a DNA kit? I'm not judging, just curious," he questioned with a shrug.

Levi got into the driver's seat and shut the door. "Darryl asked me to get one for Asha to take," he said, buckling his seatbelt.

"Oh, okay..." Deonte said, his mind wandering to Asha. He wondered how this would all play out. He knew how much finding her biological family meant to her, and this DNA kit could be a step toward that.

As Levi started the car and turned the music up loud, they pulled out of the parking lot and headed to the gym. Deonte couldn't help but feel a mix of anticipation and anxiety at the thought of not being there for Asha.

The thoughts of dropping everything, no matter where he was, began to linger in his mind, screwing the consequences if it meant he was gonna be by her side.

Deonte turned the radio down and his demeanor grew serious as Levi glanced over to him, stopping at the red light. "What's up G?" Levi asked.

"I don't know how any of this is gonna play out so please call me when y'all find out," Deonte said in a tone that was filled with dread.