Boy's Night II

Knox never looked Victor Wallace in his eyes completely and blatantly ever, in the three years he's known the man. He always avoided staring into them for too long. Even when he's on his rebellious benders against him. The man's gaze made him squirm, and without fail, it always made his entire body stand on edge.

But something, a small nauseating tingle inside his brain made him look into that same gaze without the fear that used to wreck him behind it.
The hold on his jaw kept his face in that position giving him no choice but to keep the pensive, dark and imploring eye contact. Victor's eyes roamed over his face as if he was calculating something sinister in his head but beyond everything sane inside Knox, he didn't fight out of the hold, repeating the same mistake he made in Victor's office. That mistake he was sure he wouldn't make again.

He was submitting.

It took Aaron slapping him on the shoulder to snap his eyes away and shove Victor's hand off him. Victor said nothing and took up another cup to pour alcohol.

"Man, get a load of this guy," Aaron laughed gesturing over to one of the guys deep-throating a bottle. Knox closed his eyes in a sigh, deciding drinking was on the house after all tonight and one more drink couldn't hurt. He was going to need more than alcohol to get through the night with his superior staring a hole into him from his side.

Victor paid not even a single glance over to the other men, not even giving into the fun or taking up on the little batch of green in the middle of the table. He just laid back into his chair, and sipped.

Knox wanted to know if this was what hell was like. If this was what it was like fighting an invisible force.

"If its one thing I'm sure I want right now is some of that,"

"The bottle or his tongue, " Knox answered mockingly then drank the entire alcohol in his cup in one go.

"Both at this point," Aaron laughed.

The boys all erupted in laughter when the bottle dropped and crashed to the floor, splattering into little broken green pieces.

"Are you fucking nuts?" Knox asked.

"Nut," Aaron laughed as if the single word was a joke Knox was just saying for fun. Knox took one good look at Aaron. The man's hair was tossed out of his face and his eyes were almost closed but he was laughing up a storm with his shoulders shaking.

"For fuck sakes," Knox hissed.

"I know I'm just supposed to be Victor right now," The man chuckled, "but you're a shitty fucking leader of this team."

Knox snapped around to him. Even though Knox was sure Victor was on his fifth cup, the man looked steady and completely fucking sober. He was lying back in his chair with his right elbow wrapped around Knox's chair head. His chest was on wide display and his legs were planted on the ground and a large distance apart from each other, with his left knee-grazing Knox's under the table.

"How many times are you going to tell me in one night how fucking low you think of me?" Knox responded slamming his cup down on the table.

"You know smoking is against the rules, especially illegal substances, Lieutenant," Victor continued without even a single twitch of his lips. The lights were low but Knox could see his aggravating judgmental stare perfectly. Knox turned fully to the man, leaning down to whisper.

"You don't have a right to tell me what I can't allow my men to do in here,"

"You have zero control over them and I've known that for aeons, Knox," Victor answered with a tilt of his lips.

"You gave me this position, Wallace," Knox whispered back, "so who's really the shitty fucking leader?"

"I had a sliver of hope for you. I saw something but I was definitely fucking blind at the time,"