Fairy Hilda

This was originally made as a joke.

Lyria had finished picking flowers at the nearby meadow and was walking back to the Frostbourne castle. She stopped to talk with other members and handed them flowers from her trip. Lyria nearly left the hallway to find Azura when she remembered that she passed by Hilda's room.

"I should give Commander a rose!" Lyria exclaimed, skipping towards Hilda's door. Lyria knocked on Hilda's door, but there was no response. Her room was quieter than usual.
"Commander, are you in there?" Lyria asked, before knocking again. She was met with more silence. Disappointed, Lyria decided to continue with her day when she heard a yell from Hilda's room. Without hesitation, Lyria kicked the door open and saw Hilda on the floor with her feet lying on her bed. Hilda's eyes widened at the sight of Lyria. 

"Lyria! What are you doing here? You weren't meant to see this!" Hilda cried.

There was something different about Hilda's appearance. She now wore a sparkling golden crown with a sapphire in the middle, surrounded by various flowers. Her usual dress and armour were gone, replaced with a fluttering rainbow dress that glistened like gold. Hilda held a long stick with a sapphire on top in her hand and Hilda had a pair of wings on her back. 

Lyria squealed loudly. "Commander! Why didn't you tell anyone that you were a magical woodland fairy?" 

Hilda quickly got onto her feet and waved her wand. The door slammed shut and sparkles floated near it. Hilda sighed and sat on her bed properly. "It's not what it looks like, Lyria," she said, trying to conceal the wand behind her back. Lyria skipped towards Hilda.

"But Commander! You just did magic! You made the door shut using a magic wand! How have you never revealed this to anyone?"
"I've revealed it to Nostra."
"They don't count. You tell them everything."

Hilda rolled her eyes and sighed again. "You see Lyria, the reason why l haven't told anyone is because this is a curse," Hilda confessed.
Lyria gasped. "A curse?! How is this a curse? This is a dream come true!"

"It isn't when you've insulted the Fairy Queen herself," Hilda replied.
Lyria covered her mouth before letting out a muffled scream. "You've met the Fairy Queen?!"

Hilda groaned and covered her face with her hands. She looked up and Lyria was still looking down at her, beaming her best smile. Reluctantly, Hilda brought her hands to her lap and nodded. "Long story short, I was walking through the forest yesterday and I may or may not have called Her Majesty a stinky mushroom."
Lyria burst out laughing. "She cursed you over that?"

Hilda gritted her teeth. "Let me explain the full story then. Nostra invited me to take a walk in the forest yesterday afternoon. Somehow, our conversation drifted to mythological creatures and they kept insisting that fairies weren't real. Eventually, they said that if they ever saw a fairy, they would kidnap it and turn it into 'Faery Mushroom Soup'. I simply said that the Fairy Queen would be a stinky mushroom. Next thing we know, she's standing right in front of us! She began to criticize us and she waved her wand at me. After that, we ran out of the forest as quickly as we could."

Lyria gaped at Hilda before bursting into laughter. "So, what's with the dress, crown and wand?" she asked.
"No idea. I found this dress in my closet when I returned and when I woke up this morning, I had grown a pair of wings and the crown and wand were waiting for me at my bedside table." Hilda answered back with a shrug. Lyria stayed silent for a moment before looking at Hilda with a new glimmer in her eyes.

"Do you think I could become a fairy?" Lyria cried.
Hilda's eyes nearly popped out of her sockets. "Heavens no! Do you really want to insult the Fairy Queen just to grow a pair of wings? I gladly give you my magic capabilities if I knew how." She snorted, folding her arms across her chest. 

Lyria snickered and rolled her eyes at Hilda before she spoke again. "Well, Commander, since you're a faery folk now, I have a little something for you!"
Lyria pulled out a rose from her basket and handed it to Hilda. Hilda took the rose and turned it around in her hand. She then raised her wand and pointed it to the rose. The rose began to levitate and glow brightly for a few seconds. Then, the glow disappeared and in its place was a rose flower crown. Lyria gaped as Hilda put the flower crown on Lyria's head.

"Keep the rose sweetheart, it suits you." Hilda smiled at Lyria as waved her wand again and the door opened. Lyria nodded and waved to Hilda as she sprinted out the door.