Chapter 3: Break-offs

Poppy ^^

Summers Pov:

It's now lunch time and Rebecca, Jacob, Micheal, Poppy and I are all on the same table in front of the canteen. It wasn't my choice that Poppy was able to sit with us, however, because she is Micheals new make-out buddy, she follows him around everywhere like a lost puppy. Rebecca and I sit next to eachother, Micheal sits in front of me with Poppy clinging onto him on the left and Jacob sits on the right of Micheal in front of Rebecca. 

"So, how was football practice?" I ask the boys to break the tension.

"It was decent. Coach let us go early though which was good" Jacob replies. 

"Do you think you guys will beat East High this year?" Rebecca questions. 

"We know enough of their weaknesses so there shouldn't be an excuse if we lose but I'm pretty confident we will win" Micheal says. I roll my eyes at him. Of course he's confident. His ego can't get any bigger. 

"Summer isn't your boyfriend Tyler the Quaterback of their team?" Micheal asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Actually, he's my ex now and yes he is" I state. I thought he knew I broke up with him?
"Huh. Interesting." He replies smugly. Oh god I shouldn't have said anything. Who knows what he's going to do now? 

"Babe I want to go, I'm bored" Poppy says in a whiney tone. 

"Ok yep let's go" Micheal says as the bell rings. Why does he always give into her? Why can't he see how annoying she actually is?

                                                                            --------------

It's finally the end of the first day of school. I walk out of Algebra class and meet Rebecca at her car as we are going back to my place after school. I see Rebecca already in her car waiting for me so I quickly walk up to it and hop in. 

"Ugh I'm so glad school is over" I say while groaning.

"Me too, Poppy was so annoying today. She really can't go one day without tormenting us" Rebecca says. 

"Can't you just kick her off the team? You are the cheer captain" I ask. 

"I can request it but there's no way the school will approve of it she's way too good at cheerleading. Too bad her personality sucks" She says and I laugh. "Anyways we should get going to your house" She says. 

                                                                      ------------------

We eventually arrive back to my house and we get out of the car. We grab our stuff out and walk up the stairs of the front porch and walk through the door.

"we're home!!" Rebecca yells. Suddenly Micheal and Jacob rush downstairs to meet us. 

"I thought Poppy would be here?" I ask Micheal.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks while glaring at me.

"Oh just the fact that she alway follows you everywhere" Rebecca states.

"She won't be anymore. I broke things off with her after lunch today" Micheal says and walks off with Jacob to the basement. Probably to play video games. 

"That was so strange. I've never seen Micheal break things off with a make-out girl after a day. It usually takes a week" I say and Rebecca nods.