Chapter 6: Talks.. and more talks

Summer Kingsley's Pov:

It's officially Friday. The day I'm going to go to my very first party. I don't even know why I agreed to go I've never been interested in one of Micheal's parties so why now? 

"Summer!!!! The day has finally arrived!!!" 

I turn my head around in the direction of the voice calling my name and seeing a brunette girl in her cheer uniform charging at me through the school halls. Rebecca

"Rebecca- let go of- me-" I say while gasping for air when Rebecca releases her tight grasp from me. 

"I can't believe you're actually going to the party!! Omg, did you tell Micheal??" 

Shit. I haven't told Micheal. I've been avoiding him recently since we talked because there's so much tension between us so I haven't had the chance to tell him. 

"Omg no I haven't yet. It completely slipped my mind" I replied. 

"Girl you have to talk to him after cheer practice" She says. I look down at my phone ignoring what she just said and see that the time says 6:30. Suddenly, realisation hits. 

"Speaking of cheer practice, we're going to be late if we don't start walking there now, it's 6:30!!!" I say. 

"Shoot!! I completely lost track of time!!!" Rebecca exclaims as we begin rushing to cheer practice. 

It's now the end of cheer practice and I see Jacob and Micheal heading over to the locker rooms. Now's my chance.

"Hey Becca, I'm going to talk to Micheal now I'll meet you at our lockers in a few minutes" I say and she nods. 

As quick as I can, I rush over to Micheal and Jacob and tap on Micheal's shoulder before he walks into the boy's locker room still putting a fair distance between me and the locker room. I swear, that room smells like dog shit. 

Micheal turn's around and simultaneously, so does Jacob. 

"Oh hey Summer, what's up? I haven't talked to you lately. " Micheal says with his eyes glistening. 

"Can I talk to you for a second? it'll only be for a few minutes" I ask hoping he'll say yes. 

"Yeah sure, I'll meet you inside Jacob" He says and Jacob nods as he heads into the locker room. 

I lead Micheal out and we stop on the sidelines of the field.

"Why did you want to talk to me?" He asks. 

"I just wanted to say that I'm coming to your party tonight- and yeah" I smile and turn around and begin walking to the lockers. That is untill I feel a soft hand grasping onto mine and turning me around, making me stop in my tracks. Micheal Everlong just touched my hand

"You're going to my party tonight?" He says breathlessly with a smile plastered on his face while looking into my eyes. 

"Y-yeah I am I guess. Becca wanted me to come" nervously, I look down at our hands that are still intertwined. He must've seen me looking at our hands because at that moment he snatched his hand away from mine letting my hand drop by my side. 

"Yo Micheal stop flirting with my sister and get in here" Jacob says to him. God why are brothers so annoying and impatient. 

"Hang on!!" Micheal screams back at him. 

"I guess I'll see you at the party" I say with a disappointed look as I turn around and walk as fast as I can so that Micheal doesn't have another chance of catching my hand again. If he ever wanted to. 

It was now after school and Rebecca and I are getting ready at Becca's house before we drive to Micheal's place for the party. Jacob is there already though to help set up. Even though we're getting ready, I still can't stop thinking about what happened between Micheal and I when we were talking. Does he like me back?

"Summer what dress should I wear? The red or black?" 

"I don't know Becca. The red?" I say and she looks at me with a concerned face. "What?" I ask. 

"You seem so distracted. What's with you? We're about to go to the most amazing party and you seem so self preserved" She says. 

"I should've told you what happened between Micheal and I when I talked to him this morning" I say and Rebecca immediately stops what she's doing and squeals as she sits down on my chair. I sit down next to her and begin telling her everything from when we started talking, to Micheal grabbing my hand and watching Becca's face light up slightly at every word I say.

"OMG YOU HAVE TO KISS HIM AT THIS PARTY!!!" She screams, insanely loud. 

"SHHHH Becca the whole neighbourhood could've heard you!!!" I whisper yell back at her. 

"Sorry!! But it's true!!!" She says and I laugh at her. "Put on this black dress by the way. Micheal will go crazy for you when he see's you in this dress" She say with her eyes beaming at me. The dress was a short black dress that went mid way up my thighs, v-neck neckline and I paired it with some silver sparkly heels which I burrowed from Becca and put some loose curls in my hair, with natural makeup.  Becca wore a off the shoulder red short dress with white heels. 

Summers dress:

rebeecca's dress:

rebeecca's dress:

"I think we're ready to go!!!" Becca squeals as she rushes out the door with me following behind her

"I think we're ready to go!!!" Becca squeals as she rushes out the door with me following behind her. Here go's nothing.