Chapter 7: It's time

Summer Kingsley's pov:

As soon as I hear gravel noises from the car, I know Rebecca has officially made it to Micheals house. I look outside the window and notice that Jacob's car has taken up the driveway spot so we have to take a park in the street. We got here half an hour early before everyone else arrives as Micheal gave us early entry. I suddenly hear the car coming to a stop and Rebecca takes off her seat belt and looks at me with a worried expression.

"What?"
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Becca asks me.

"Yes I'm 100% sure. Besides Poppy won't be here and it definitely won't be like the party I went to last year as Tyler isn't here with me so yes I'm sure." I give her a reassuring smile before I reach for the car door and open it. Becca sighs and does the same. 

We eventually reach the front door. I'm still shocked that I didn't trip over on the gravel road in my heals. 

"Let's do this" Becca says as she reaches her hand out to knock on the door. We wait a few seconds untill we hear someone unlocking the door. 

"Oh hey Becca, hey Summer" Micheal says with a wide smile and looking up and down at my body which made my stomach do a little flip. "Come on in!! Jacob and I still have a bit more setting up to do if you guys want to help" He says and Becca and I both nod. 

Looking around the place there are red cups stacked up on the kitchen island with massive serving bowls full of alcohol. Alongside them were  cans of soda in a cooler and red and green jelly shots. There are decorations everywhere it's insane. 

"The place looks good huh?" Someone says into my ear making me jump. Micheal. 

"Jesus!! You can't do that! You scared the crap out of me" I say turning around to face him and seeing a smirk grow on his face.

"You look good tonight, I'm glad you came" He says and my eyes widen. Did the Micheal just compliment me?

"Woah there playboy you wouldn't be turning soft now would you?" I tease him.

He leans down to my ear and whispers "Definitely not" and with a smirk, he turns around and continues to help Jacob finish setting up outside. What has gotten into Micheal?

"what was that all about?" I turn to my left and see Becca. 

"I have no Idea. he was acting so strange. He complimented me" I say. 

"What?? He's never complimented anyone before, especially a girl" She says and I nod. 

Micheal Everlong's Pov:

A few minutes later and the party was now in full swing. Around 150 people showed up. Some were invited, some were just extras who heard about the party. I was talking to Jacob by the lounge chairs at my pool when I see Summer walk by with a few of her friends from the cheer squad. I wasn't lying when I said that she looked good before. The way her curled blonde hair falls just below her shoulders, her black curvy dress that just goes mid way to her thigh, she looked incredible. 

"Micheal? Micheallll" I hear Jacob say snapping me out of my trance. 

"What?" I say with my eye's still on Summer. 

"Dude you're seriously checking out my sister? I thought you didn't like her anymore" Jacob says. Shit he must've seen me looking at her

"I don't- I mean-"
"Heyyyy babe" I hear someone say cutting me off. She sits on my lap and starts to play with my hair. Poppy. 

"Oh hey Poppy" I say and she grabs my face and leans in for a long make-out session before pulling away. She must've just had vodka because I could literally taste it in my mouth as I was kissing her. She wore a silver sparkly short dress with her red hair straightened. She looked good, but not as good as Summer. I hear Jacob gagging at us and I see him walk off to talk to Kaiden who is on our football team. I chuckle at him. 

I try locking eyes with Summer again but every-time she looked in my direction she was avoiding my eyes at all cost. Weird. 

"Shall we go upstairs?" I hear Poppy say. I turn to her and see a wide smirk on her face. 

"Nah I'm bored so I'm going to get a drink. See ya" I say to her before removing her off of my lap to walking inside to the kitchen. 

Summer kingsley's Pov:

(Summer's pov of Poppy on Micheal's lap)

I'm outside in the backyard hanging out with Becca and the rest of the cheer squad at the party and catching up with them. The rest of the cheer squad is inside on the dance floor. I've only had one drink so far, Becca can't have any tonight as she is my driver and the rest of the cheer squad have had around 2-3 drinks already. I can never keep up with them. 

"So Summer, any boys catching your eye recently?" I hear Alex say and the rest of the cheer squad giggle. She is definitely drunk. 

Speaking of, I look around to try and find where Micheal is and I see him on the chairs with Jacob near the pool. 

"Ooooh Micheal huh? I heard he's still stringing along Poppy, not sure how long that's going to last" Alex says. She must've seen me looking at him.

"What? He told Becca and I that they weren't seeing eachother anymore" I say. Why would he lie? And to me?

"Look there she is now" Alex says. I turn around and see Poppy right there in the flesh walking over and sitting on Micheals lap and start to make-out with him then Micheal gets up to go inside. Well this just made my night worse. I thought she wasn't going to be here tonight. I turn around and give Becca a knowing look and she exchanges one back. 

"I need a drink" I say before heading inside to the kitchen.