Chapter 5 - Comet

"I heard you were late." Robin greeted her while opening a sparkling water for Nami.

"Yeah, that's why I didn't get to eat much breakfast." Cried by Nami who's visibly suffering from her life choices. "My mom was literally offering me two more bread slices!"

They're at lunch right now, waiting for Chopper to join their table- and maybe the others.

"I'm gonna line up when there's a couple left, it's too tiring to stand up." Robin agreed with Nami, the two of them always try to be one of the last ones in the line because they get the extra portions left.

Throughout their morning classes, Nami was uncomfortable by the fact that she needed to make extra noise as her stomach kept grumbling every chance it got. She dropped her water bottle, opened and closed her bag's zipper, and moved her desk.... in short Nami did everything she could.

"Hi, guys! Sanji wants to know if it'll be okay for you if they can sit with us." Chopper entered their conversation with his lunch tray. His lunch consists of nothing but sweets, as expected.

Robin looked at Nami, the two of them communicated through eyes. They immediately came to a conclusion that happily sent Chopper to his feet to Zoro.

After a couple of minutes, Zoro and Sanji arrived and sat by the circular table. "Thanks for letting us sit here, we usually sit outside since we always get late to find a table." Zoro greeted the two who replied to him with smiles.

"Where are the others?" Nami asked with her eyes searching the crowd for a certain straw hat.

"They must be still in the line." Sanji answered.

"But Usopp asked Luffy to meet up here before the bell rings for lunch though? They must be skipping to buy other foods." Zoro questioned Sanji but settled down without caring about the whereabouts of the two.

Suddenly, two food trays were placed on their table. With the two obviously shaking and exhausted, Sanji asks what happened.

"Luffy tried to run away from me with all my lunch!"

"I didn't run away! I just want to get my share with it!"

Being the oldest, Robin tried to meditate on the situation. "I can scoot over so the two of you can sit here."

Luffy and Usopp stopped their argument and looked at Robin. Seeing the adjustment she made to her seating, the two swallowed when they realized the open seats were next to Nami.

"I think Usopp should go and sit there, I could just scoot next to Chopper." Luffy awkwardly laughed while trying to explain his reasoning on why he wouldn't sit there.

Usopp's knuckles landed on Luffy's head, "I won't sit there! You go sit there!"

Nami has been weirded out by the two's approach to her, running away like a madman yesterday, and then now refusing to even share the same table with her.

"What's wrong with you two?! You've been weird since yesterday." Annoyed, she asked. The two quiver at the tone of her voice. Firm. Angry. And not so merciful.

Luffy pushed Usopp in front of him and whispered, "You said you'll do the talking! I have the lunch now!"

Like being whispered by a demon, Usopp began his explanation, "I- I... Nami... Actually- no, we..." but it seems like words fail him.

Nami raised an eyebrow and averted her gaze to Luffy who was visibly trying his best to look at everything except her eyes. "Luffy?"

Now, it's Usopp's turn to push Luffy in front of him. The others are just sitting and eating, waiting for the scene to unfold.