Entrance Exam

February 26. The day I've been looking forward to for months. The U.A Entrance Exam. Correction, the practical exam. I had already aced the written portion weeks prior. I craned my head up as I stared at the intimidating entrance to the school. This place is massive, a perfect place to train the future heroes. I've barely had time to relax during the break, I've been training, pushing my body and quirk past its limits over and over again. I wouldn't say I'm jacked or anything, but I've got decent muscle for a 15 year old. I feel a cold hand on my shoulder, I glance over and I'm greeted with Fumi's pale face.

"Y'know if you scowl too much your face will get stuck that way." Fumi teased as she looked past me into the school.

"Y'know if you keep sneaking up on people you're going to give someone a heart attack." I mumble back as I stare back at the entrance. I've been waiting for this day for so long. The day I can finally start proving I'm a hero.

"Let's go in then." Fumi moved her hand down to tug at my arm, trying and failing to drag me. For some reason my feet were planted, I couldn't move. "Eiko?" I could feel my heart picking up pace, why was I so nervous? I've been preparing for this day for months! I shouldn't be nervous. "Eiko, take a breath." I could feel Fumi take my hand in hers, trying to calm me down.

"Hey... Even if I don't get in I'm still a good person, right?" I whisper out. The shock on Fumi's face was evident, I'm not normally one to show my insecurities in such a public setting.

"Yeah. At least I think so." Fumi smiled at me as she started tugging on my hand again. This time I'm able to let her drag me in towards the ever growing building, towering over our small forms.

We followed the various signs and made our way to a giant hall with what seemed like thousands of seats. We opted to grabbing some in the middle cause for once back row seats would be way too far away.

"So, you think we've got the coolest quirks in here or what?" Fumi nudged me, obviously trying to lighten my mood.

"Dunno if cool is the right word." I mumble out, examining the room. There were so many people, like a sea of blank faces. If I'm lucky some of them will be classmates, if I'm not...

"Hey at least we know this place isn't haunted." Fumi looked around, while I was observing the people she seemed to be looking for more.

"Yeah? No ghosts for you to talk to?" I lean back, trying to relax even just a little.

"Well I never said that. Y'know some of them follow me around. Just saying there's no new ones." Fumi explained.

FUMI KIMURA! QUIRK:GHOST! SHE'S ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE LIVING AND DEAD! HOW CREEPY! NOT ONLY CAN SHE TALK TO THEM BUT SHE CAN TEMPORARILY MAKE THE GHOSTS CORPOREAL BEINGS! HOW WEIRD!

"Well guess it's good no kid has died here." I chuckle out before being cut off by the stage lights coming on as well as a loud booming voice.

"What's up U.A candidates? Thanks for tunin' in to me. Your school DJ! C'mon and lemme hear ya!" Pro hero Present Mic calls out, the room dead silent. Well until an enthusiastic voice shouts back.