Chapter-2:Him

I met him at the hospital lobby. He was was on his way to meet the doctor while I was just finished with my weekly checkup.

Both of us were too lost in thoughts to care about our surroundings, me looking at the report my doctor just handed me, him doing God knows what.

The silly action of us resulted in the two of us bumping into each other. My head hitting the hard of his chest while his files flew away somewhere.

Annoyed, I massaged my head, looking up at him to see him massaging his chest where my head had hit him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you" he smiled an apology to me, looking down on me.

I looked up at his face more carefully, studying his features. And it was that very moment that I knew I had just laid my eyes on the most attractive man I've ever seen.

His eyes, deep pools of starlit night, reflecting in the mysteries of the universe. Anyone could easily get lost in those pair of black oceanic beauty.

His smile, a gentle curve, was blossomed like the light of dawn, warm and attractive, illuminating the darkest corners of my heart.

His face, a masterpiece sculpted by the hands of the devine, captivating me to never look away.

His ruffled up hair, the moles on his face, everything, he was the perfect living example of a painter's finest brushstroke, a fleeting version of perfection.

I didn't know for how long I was staring at him. He was just too charming for me to look away. In the presence of this man, it was impossible for anyone to look at anything but him.

"Hey, you okay? Did I hurt you?" His voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

And I would be lying if I said his voice was any less than how he looked. It was deep, husky and calm in a way it could soothe you even at your breaking point.

"No, no. I'm good." I managed to reply.

"Sorry again. I was lost in thoughts" he rubbed the back of his neck, apology visible in his eyes.

"Seriously, it's nothing. I was not looking either" I said, trying to lessen his apologetic gesture.

"Okay okay" he sighed in relief, the smile back on his lips.

I didn't even know him, but right at that moment, I wanted that smile to last forever.

"So, why are you here for?" He asked me, as if trying to initiate a proper conversation.

"Just finished my weekly checkup. Leukemia facts, woo hoo" I said in a dry sarcastic voice.

"Wow, same. I'm also suffering from leukemia and here for the same reason that you are" he replied. And I don't know how he sounded so enthusiastic about having cancer and telling someone about it.

"What stage are you on?" I asked, being sure that it was minor because there was no way he's affected with major leukemia. He was just so full of life to be.

"Stage three. Tough stuff, but I'm managing" my eyes widened at his reply. He was in a way worse position than me and I could've never guessed.

"I'm sorry..." I looked at him wanting to know his name so we could continue.

"Oh look at me! Forgot to introduce myself. I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung" He extended  his hand towards me.

"Sujin. Park Sujin." I took his hand and shook it. His hands were big and his fingers were beautiful. I stared at our intertwined hands and my heart warmed.

"It was nice meeting you, Sujin. I hope I see you around more often." He smiled, his hands still holding mine.

"Me too, Taehyung." I smiled back and it was the first genuine smile I'd had in months.