Chapter-6: Confusion

The following day at school, i felt a mix of excitement and nervousness at the same time. As i entered the classroom, I saw Yun hee already seated, her usual confident demeanor right in place, making me feel relieved.

As soon as she noticed me, she smiled and called out, "Hey, Sujin! Come sit beside me." Her smile made me reassured so I walked over and sat beside her. Feeling a sense of security, I smiled back at her.

Other than saving me from bullies, throughout the day, Yun Hee introduced me to some of her friends, helping me integrate into a new group. I was  initially hesitant, but Yun Hee’s presence gave me the courage to open up. We bonded over shared interests, and I started to realize that Yun Hee is not just a strong protector but also a kind and understanding person. I loved her.

Later during lunch, I was sitting with my new friends. Couple minutes later, Taehyung and Jimin walked in and they both looked surprised. Both of their expressions had a mix of surprise and...disappointment?

They sat at another table as there were no room for them in our table. I wanted to join them, but I just decided that it might be better to just spend time with my new friends.

After school, as  Taehyung and I walked home together, he finally spoke up. "You seemed really close to Yun Hee today," he said, trying to keep his tone light.

I nodded. "Yeah, she's been really nice to me. I feel like I can really rely on her."

Taehyung hesitated before replying, "I'm glad you have someone like her, but... please don’t forget, we're here for you too." referring to him and Jimin.

Sensing the underlying tension in his words, I reassured him, "Of course, Taehyung. You'll always be important to me."

But as we walked in silence, I couldn't help but wonder if my new friendship with Yun Hee was unintentionally creating a rift between her and Taehyung. I realized that I would have to manage to give proper time to each of them as they both saved me during my worst.

The following day Sujin asked me if I would join the student's council. No, she didn't really ask me, she wanted me to, making me fall into dilemma once again.

I wouldn't lie, I felt honored, but joining the students council meant even lesser time to spend with my brother and Taehyung.

Later on, when I asked Taehyung about what he thought about it, he was surprisingly really supportive, but also cautious. "If it's something you want to do, you should go for it. But... just make sure it's what you really want. Don't force yourself to. Your health matters, remembers that." He smiled warmly which I mirrored.

I spent the night pondering her decision. I knew that joining the student council could help me grow, but I was having second thoughts over every single decision, wondering what good and bad will happen if I did.

AN: I'm really sorry for posting a very short part. Probably the shortest one I've written for this story. I promise you that it grows a lot more from the next part😭