Chapter Forty-One

Simone's POV

The funeral had started and my Aunt Neicy had been asking us meaning Darius and me where Kamari was. We told her we didn't know which was true we didn't know.

When I walked up to that casket my legs became numb and my chest became extremely heavy. Darius had to quickly sit me down because that's how badly my body was numb.

Michael the rapist was here sitting in the second row of the pew on the other side. With his son and wife with her two small children.

Aunt Neicy was sitting on the row with her husband behind Darius and me. I tried to locate his phone but didn't find a clear view of where he was.

Being here and burying my grandma was most important. "Simone is there something you not telling me girl?" my aunt asked.

"Matter of fact bring you little hot ass on outside," she said getting up and walking out of the church. I followed behind until we were fully outside.

"Now speak girl where is my nephew your brother," she said in a stern voice. I started to cry because what I said to Kamari was just so mean.

"We got into a fight," I said beginning to sob. "What happened baby tell me every detail," she said. I took a deep breath before giving her the rundown of every detail that I could get out without hurting into tears.

"Wait a minute so Kamari was getting abused by a man named Alejandro and you told him to go back?" she asked. I nodded my head yes and started to sob more.

"Simone I can't believe you would say that to your brother girl if anything happens to my nephew I will let you have it do you understand me, girl." Aunt Neicy said with a stern voice.

"You know what we have to cut this funeral service short I'm not about to let my nephew be out here somewhere without someone looking for him," she said before storming back into the church.

Of course, I followed back inside with her. "Stop we have to cut this short sorry pastor but I need to make an announcement," she screamed at him.

"My nephew Kamari has been abducted we need to go straight to the police station to file a missing persons report," she said making a few people gasp.

"We don't give 2 fucks about that social experiment this is my mother's funeral this is supposed to be about her besides he's probably out there shacked up with another nigga somewhere," Michale said.

In a swift motion, Aunt Niecy took that mic and threw it right at his head. "You fucking bitch let's go you wanna fight let's fist it." Michael came up at Aunt but I moved in front of her to try and stop him.

He pushed me out the way making me fall to the ground. Darius quickly ran up to me and checked to see if I was ok then he went up to Michael.

"Aye nigga don't be put yo hands on my woman," Darius said now being chest-to-chest and head-to-head with him. In the blink of an eye, Darius hit Michael with a right hook after Michael shoved him.

Anthony came running up as well trying to tag team my man but he stood his ground. How the fuck can you try and jump somebody but get both y'all asses beat.

I quickly grabbed my aunt and boyfriend as I ran out of the church. "Now let's go get in your car, Simone so we can go to the police station," she said.

As we were getting into my car I heard a loud tire screech behind my car. I was so scared I thought whoever came for Kamari was coming to get me.

My nerves calmed down when I saw that it was Devon. "Yo I just a got another phone call from them dumb niggas I think we can trace it if we get to the police department," Devon told me all in one breath.