TWO - Dorothy

"Welcome home, Sweetheart!"

I furrowed at the weird lady, "Who are you?"

"Oh Skyler, I have been waiting for so long to meet you" She revealed.

"What do you mean? How do you know my name?"

"You're just like your mother." She lets out a little laugh. "The hazel eyes, the chubby cheeks and golden brown hair. Exactly like your mother." She said smiling.

"H-how do you know...my mother?" Curiosity filled in every word of mine.

"Oh..that's a very long story." She smiled sadly while looking on the ground as if remembering some memories?

"You should sit somewhere first, then I will let you know everything. Follow me." She started walking upstairs.

'Should I follow her? She does seem very suspicious though...' I thought to myself, finding it hard to trust her

But my curiosity took over me and so I followed.

She lead me to a small old room, it's off-white paint now turned black, there were even scratches on the wall, I wonder how old it was to be this worn out.

She nodded towards the old chair signalling me to sit on it, I hesitated as it looked old enough to be on its last stages.

I sat on it.

"What is it now? How do you know my mom?" I asked impatiently.

"Relax sweetheart, the time isn't running somewhere, you will know everything just stay patient." She smiled.

"It is running, I don't have time for bullshit!"

She looked at me as if she got offended.

I sighed, 'Ugh calm down Skyler, she's just an old lady you can't take out Darren's anger on her for no reason!' I calmed my brain to come back to my senses, taking a long breath before saying,

"Uh I'm sorry, I'm just so messed up right now. Actually my dad is waiting for me as I told him I'd be back till 9, so can you just make it quick please?" My headache was still there.

She smiled, "Don't worry honey you'd be back home before 9." She guaranteed with a reassuring look.

I felt so weak but still managed to smile back.

She lit up a candle to get some more light in the room before continuing,