THREE - Heaps of Gloom

Not a single star pierced the darkness of the sky, leaving it a deep shade of grey.

I was walking home accompanied with some tears and a brain full of thoughts roaming inside it like a cockroach on the floor.

I was truly messed up.

Who knew a few hours would create such a big change in my life.

I got cheated on, and thrown inside a random haunted house which turned out to be the place where my mother's best friend has been locked since ages.

I am utterly... shattered

But still, this wasn't the most distressing part of it all because the actual thing that has me in despair was that,

My mother never cheated on my father, she was accused and then murdered ferociously by a supernatural witch and her brother.

These two siblings were the reason for destroying my life, stole the love of a mother from me and made me the person who I am today. These two heartless siblings were the reason I hated my mother and went through all this bullying for being the 'daughter of a cheater'. They were the reason I have always felt lonely, got mental breakdowns, anxiety attacks and what not.

They have to pay for everything they have caused me and my father. I am not gonna sit in a corner and cry all my anger out.
I am going to take. My. Revenge.

I wiped my tears and fastened my pace back home.

Surprisingly, I reached home before 9 and saw dad putting plates on the dining for dinner. He looked at me with a smile which dropped immediately as soon as he noticed my face.

Oh shit, I forgot to clean my face before entering, although I had wiped my tears but I guess my mascara was smeared all over. Clearly showing that I had been crying for the past few hours.

He almost ran towards me.

"Sky are you alright?" He asked worried.

'alright' was the last thing I was today.

I nodded and tried to smile but failed miserably.

He hugged me.

It was the end of me, as I burst into tears.

"D-darren cheated on me with Betty" I revealed.

His eyes widened.

As he hugged me again, tighter this time.

"Oh my bunny, how dare he do that to my sweet little daughter."

I didn't like the way he was babying me but there was no time to get annoyed by that, and so I cried my heart out, I was not the same as before.

...

I told dad, that I want a break from all of this and want to go somewhere far away, somewhere I won't have to see Darren or face any more bullies. At first he was kind of hesitant but understood me when I assured him that I wished to continue my studies in some other school.

When he asked where do I wanna go, I suggested, 'what if I go to your old school..? You know how much I like listening to your stories from that school, so now I wanna make some of my own and have fun like you did in your teenage.'

He really liked the idea and ended up telling me some more fun stories of him in that school which actually lightened my mood a little.

I was on my bed now trying to sleep.

But my head was full of thoughts and I was feeling uncountable emotions.

Some of which were,

SADNESS
From everything I found out.