FOUR - Emancipator

I immediately ran towards the washroom before I could embarrass myself again.

My legs shaking badly.

I sat on the floor trying to relax myself.
My breathing fast as if I had just finished a marathon race.
My heart beating like I'm about to die.
I felt like puking my stomach out.

I tried maintaining my breathing pace.

Inhale. Exhale.

I'm not going to cry this time.

I do have social anxiety.
Shaking hands and legs is a usual for me when I get to see so many strangers. But today it happened way too easily.

Maybe it was this exaggerated because I hadn't eaten anything after breakfast since I slept all through my journey and upon seeing so many strangers together, some of which were not even humans, got me to an another level of anxiety, while my fear of being bullied played it's part perfectly to make it even worse.

It's not like I'm scared of other creatures, but it's just... I haven't met anything like them before, except for my mom's friend. I wonder, If humans have been so unkind to me always, how would those creatures be like? Better than humans?

Or.... more cruel?

A few minutes passed. I was finally feeling better now and was gulping down from my water bottle.

Someone entered.

My gaze drifted towards them.

Blue eyes, blonde hair, white top with brown skirt.

Her outfit spoke luxury.

She is really pretty.

I wonder if she is a normie or supernatural?

She looked me up and down. I managed to smile at her, telling myself I am going to try to give a good impression to everyone now.

"Woah, looks like we've got a new girl!" She exclaimed with a sprinkle of judgement.

She seemed like a bully...

And here I am, nervous again.

"Uh, yea- Skyler- Me- I-"

I messed up.

"I, uh, mea, yea. What is wrong you? Are you still learning to speak or what?" She laughed.

I can't explain the embarrassment I felt..

"Uh sorry- excuse me."

I left immediately before I could feel any worse.

She was right though,

'What was that, Skyler?' I talked to myself in my brain. It's habitual.

It was my first day and I had already got myself embarrassed for so many times now.

'Urgh Skyler! Ain't no way you messed up again!' I cursed myself before finally making my way towards the schools' office.

According to the signs on the walls, I would get to the office if I walked through the main corridor and turned left from it's end.

I finally reached there after avoiding eye contact with no wonder how many people.

This time I avoided eye contact, looking ahead instead of down.

Lessons learned indeed.

Now, I was standing with a paper in my hand which showed my class schedule, but I had no idea where any of those classes were.