Chapter 8

With regards to having feet on two boats, Jian Yan was at a loss for a moment before ignoring it because regardless of it being He Xiu or Nan Si... in fact, it had nothing to do with her.

On Saturday, she finished her morning shift and returned home. Before she was even able to drink a mouthful of water, she received a call from Lin Zhen. Recalling that Lin Zhen had told her previously that she had a blind date on Saturday, Jian Yan felt that she was definitely calling to complain about it.

Just as expected.

"You can't imagine what this blind date guy looks like! Can his hair even be any more oily? How long has it been since he washed it?!" Lin Zhen's tone was packed with dissatisfaction. "Not only that, after he saw the car I drive, he determined that I didn't want to date him because I dislike that he's poor! God knows that I, Lin Zhen, never use wealth to measure a person's value! I have always used reputation as the measurement!"

Jian Yan: ". . ."

"Plus, I don't care if a man doesn't earn as much as I do as long as he has the motivation to do better. The moment he caught sight of my car, he became terrified, as if he saw a ghost. I didn't even tell him the balance on my bank card!"

Jian Yan pursed her dry lips, pouring herself a glass of water as she held onto her phone. "Which car did you drive?"

"My."

"...Did you really not do this on purpose?"

"It's just a Cayenne. I hate those male chauvinists that cannot bear to see a woman earn more than them the most."

Jian Yan finished drinking her water. She then asked her, "Then how will you explain yourself to your mother when you return home?"

"I actually want to ask how the men will explain themselves to me. Is my mom so afraid that I'm unmarriageable that she sends any idiot to me for these repulsive dates?"

Jian Yan laughed before comforting her. "Don't worry, your true love has yet to arrive, that's all."

Lin Zhen sorrowfully commented, "I am just worried that I will never find the one in this life of mine."

Jian Yan replied, "If you are still unmarried when you turn 35, then I'll take you as my wife. I won't mind."

"...I mind! My sexuality is very straight!"

Jian Yan's pursed lips turned into a smile. "You actually could consider me for a moment. I'm beautiful, and I earn money. What else is there for you to be dissatisfied with? Mn?"

"..." Lin Zhen was silent for a long time before retorting with lightning speed, "Don't keep using that old excuse of being allergic to men, quickly go out and fall in love with someone!"

She hung up the moment she finished speaking, as if frightened that Jian Yan would continue bothering her. This really couldn't be blamed on her. Jian Yan had misandry for so many years that she had long harbored suspicions over her sexuality!

Since Jian Yan finished taking liberties with Lin Zhen, her mood was rather good when she entered her studio. She turned on her laptop and continued drawing her illustrations. At the same time, she tapped open the little penguin icon.

Her QQ notifications were, for the most part, silenced. 《 Satisfactory 》, however, had a production team group chat that she never silenced. She also wasn't sure if she was afraid of missing some information or not.

Scrolling back up, she discovered that Sesame Paste had sent an @everyone message saying that the official company had already announced the audiobook, so she was troubling everyone to do a favor and re-blog.