Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Surreal

Cliche it may sound, but life is really unpredictable and full of surprises. That is why sometimes I'm afraid to be happy and relieved to be sad. Afraid because I know that after joy, expect a crisis. Relieved because I know that after being sad, there will be hope and good things. It's just a cycle, I guess. A cycle we all are bound to experience every time.

I was talking with my friends while we were on our way to the parking area. I was laughing because they were planning to set up Krisha for a blind date. Ayaw no'n sa lalaki at pinipilit nila.

The atmosphere was fresh and breathtaking. It's golden hour right now. Nakangiti ako habang naglalakad at bigla na lang 'yong napawi nang makita ang isang pamilyar na lalaki.

In front of a black exotic Ferrari was Rejo. Naka-puting long sleeve na polo at nakatupi ang sleeves hanggang sa siko. He was watching and waiting for me.

"Who's that guy? The hottest man alive, next to Hiraya's brothers, of course!" si Lilac. Her voice was thrilled and suspecting.

Krisha whistled. "What exactly happened to your dinner with your brothers, huh?" she teased me.

I was still in awe. He was in front of me. Of us! He looked like a masterpiece, a perfect portrait of God that came into existence. He looks as breathtaking as the sunset right now.

He tilted his head, signaling me to approach him.

"He's the ex?" boses ni Anton sa likod ko.

"Hmm, probably a boyfriend again," I heard from Krisha. "Go, Montevinski! The blessing's waiting!"

I was really dumbfounded. I swallowed hard and walked straight to him. Akala ko uuwi na sila kinabukasan ng dinner. Iyon kasi ang sabi ni Kuya Mooze sa akin.

His expression was relaxed. It wasn't intimidating.

"Hi, why are you here?" I asked slowly. I was so distracted! He was literally glowing!

I looked around to see my schoolmates watching him like he's one of the gods of the Olympus.

T"o pick up my girlfriend."

He stepped closer, crouched, and the next thing he did sent bombs in my heart. Hawak ang baba ko, dinampi niya ang labi n'ya sa akin! It was our first kiss after our break-up.

Maikling halik lang.

"Rejo..."

He held my hand and intertwined our fingers. The thudding of my heart didn't subside.

"Can I take you out for dinner?" he asked straight through my eyes.

I sighed. "Akala ko ngayon ang uwi niyo..."

"Ang uwi nila," he corrected me before pulling me closer. He guided me inside his car.

I lost concern of our surroundings. He clouded my mind with his presence. Completely.

Nakita ko ang pagtingin n'ya sa mga kaibigan ko bago naglakad sa harap ng sasakyan. He gracefully entered the car with a smirk in his face.

Girlfriend? Kami na ulit? Siya lang ang nag-decide.

"Sasabay ka kila Kuya sa pag-uwi?" I asked softly.

I was inside his car! It looked neat and luxurious. Sanay naman ako sa mga ganitong sasakyan, pero naninibago ako. Was it because it's ny boyfriend's car?

"I don't know yet. Why? Don't you want me here?" he eyed me with his magnetic eyes. I was so attracted with them.

"Nabigla lang ako sa pagpunta mo. I wasn't expecting you..."