chapter 6: ancient power and a pleasant addition

“Agh, leave me alone, you bastard!”

Cage got an unpleasant surprise by the god of death's voice while she was drinking. He was telling her about the letter they received.

Taylor and her were on the balcony after hearing a noise and found a jar with a note under it.

God of death was warning them that if they broke the jar, Taylor would find a solution for his legs but at the price of his peace and getting involved in trouble.

“My life never was peaceful anyway.”

Taylor decided to break the jar and opened the note.

<you're searching for the wrong ancient power. It only heals injuries after acquiring it. Search for the first prince and his ancient power, Instead. it's a one-time use ancient power named healing star. He's desperate for a way to keep the crown prince position and support. Remember, your legs may be paralyzed, but you're still alive, so there's still hope>

That was what's written on the letter, reminding him there's still hope as long as he's alive and giving him a solution.

“Prepare a carriage.”

***

Cale was asleep on his bed, on and hong were in the open bag they traveled in, also asleep, but there was an extra addition of an invisible black dragon on the window hugging the basket cale gave him.

***

For some reason, cale woke up tired as if he wasn't asleep at all. He knew why he woke up like this as it happened before.

From the number of times he opened his eyes and found out ron was staring at him until he woke up, he hated how familiar the feeling was.

Ron found it amusing that cale could wake up because he could sense someone staring at him and found it the easiest way to wake him up.

cale identified the feeling as ‘being stared at to the point his mind perceives it as a threat to wake him up’, and because his senses would be on edge while asleep he wouldn't feel as if he actually had any sleep.

‘Who was staring at me though?...’

Cale decided to ignore everything. No one was staring at him. He is just paranoid because he slept outside his house.

Lying to himself, Cale got up to get a hangover drink, his head hurt a bit, and he needed to make sure the alibi of him being drunk the night before worked.

“Noona, cale seemed uncomfortable today. Should we tell him about soon to be youngest?”

On stared at the door, cale went out of before responding.

“when he comes back.”

***

Cale was sitting at a table, drinking and minding his business, but he heard the vice captain talking, he had took many guards with him and his gather and the countess refused to let him and basen leave without atleast the vice captain and many more guards with them even though cale tried to tell them there was no need for too much guards.

“Yesterday, some of the guards were drinking and relaxing after a long journey. Nobody left the inn. But I still don't understand why someone from the viscount’s estate would be curious about that.”

‘there it is.’

This was exactly the info and rumors he wanted to hear right now, he needed to be sure the alibi was believable, he told the inn owner to give the guards whatever they want and put it in his cheque.