Chapter 8: Tour

Alastor went to bed and found Rosie awake. He approached her to inform her that he hadn't received any updates about the church. Rosie mentioned that she and the rest of the team hadn't received any information either. She suggested contacting the Vox team if they heard anything from the church. 

Alastor disliked the notion but decided that it was preferable to visit the church. The vees were dealing with examinations, and they were probably on a mission following the examinations. Just as they had to do a month ago. They both went to bed after agreeing on this, and they planned to notify the rest of the team later.

(Vox thought the church had sent them to a distant part of the kingdom as well).

Meanwhile, Lucifer was drinking tea and reading a book. He read the same thing over and again till he was tired and went to bed. When Alastor woke up, he saw Lucifer in the room holding a duck plush like a child. Amused by the sight, Alastor walked over to Lucifer's desk to look for something to help find the cure for the curse pill in his system. 

However, he discovered nothing and noted that the book Lucifer had been reading was ancient, with a red tassel marking the page where he had left off. Alastor opened the book, only to discover that it was empty. Confused, he closed the book and returned it to the desk. He then walked into the bathroom to take a bath and change, after getting dressed, he hid his knives beneath his coat, fixed his monocle, and went downstairs. As he descended, he observed Charlie kissing Vaggie before greeting and waving to him. Vaggie glared at him while clutching her spear, but he brushed it off since he didn't care.

Charlie: "Morning Alastor": she said cheerfully.

Vaggie: "Morning": she muttered

Alastor: "Good morning Charlie dear and to you as well, Vaggie"

Angel Dust woke up to find Husk heading to the lobby, and Rosie already there enjoying a cup of tea. She asked everyone if they would like to join her for breakfast, and they all agreed to join. Alastor offered to help Rosie with the cooking. They gathered the supplies and started frying eggs, bread, and coffee. Charlie and Vaggie drank blood. As they sat down to dine, Rosie asked Alastor how he felt about sleeping in the same room as the vampire king. Alastor was ready to respond when he observed Angel Dust smirking from behind the counter as he watched them cook.

Angel Dust: "Yes do tell~"

Alastor dismissed Angel's remarks and responded: "it was fine"

Rosie: "Good, Oh Charlie, do you and Vaggie want some toast or eggs"

Charlie: "Toast would be nice, you vaggie"

Vaggie said toast as well, Rosie smiled at the response. After serving everyone, Alastor couldn't help but wonder if the short king was going to stay asleep all morning. Charlie, seeing her father was not there, asked Alastor if he could check up on her father. Alastor agreed to this and headed to the room. Lucifer was asleep, but the nightmare kept repeating itself until he awoke with stinging tears flowing down his cheek. His wings fanned out all over, and feathers were everywhere.

Lucifer: "Ugh"

As he slowly got up from the bed feeling tired, he grabbed one of his creations and instructed it to clean up the feathers. The creation nodded and quickly got to work. He then headed to the bathroom to get changed, only to find that the black marks on his arm were increasing. He needed to calm himself, so he took a deep breath, causing the marks to recede to only his elbow instead of all over his arms. Feeling relieved, he changed and made sure to wear his gloves. As he walked out of the bathroom, he turned to see Alastor staring at him while leaning on the door.