Chapter 9: Friendly spar

It was the day the sins and the overlords were coming. Before their arrival, Lucifer and Alastor were in their room going over the pictures and old documents that Lucifer had grabbed from his palace. They were trying to find any clues on what the cult would be doing and which king they were talking about. Were they referring to the king of the humans or was it Lucifer himself? All they got were more questions if that was the answer.

Lucifer was in one part of the room putting pictures on the board while Alastor was going through the boxes. Despite having many questions, the main one on Alastor's mind was whether Lucifer would be able to handle himself in a fight. Sure, he could, but what if he lost control? This was the only thing worrying Alastor after all he would have to deal with a lost-control vampire king. He wondered if he fought him, could he win? If not, then he needed to know now. Furthermore, if that were true, he needed to find a way to get Lucifer back to his senses when that happens.

Lucifer, on the other hand, was also worried about this: after all, he might black out and lose control when he was needed. As Lucifer placed the photographs on the board and glanced at them, he noticed Alastor looking at him.

Lucifer: "Alastor, what's wrong"

Alastor: "Nothing, I am simply curious about something about you"

Lucifer: "And that is, Alastor"

Alastor: "I wonder if we have to battle the cult or whatever is draining the blood of mankind. Can you fight without losing control"

Lucifer:" ...yes"

Alastor: "Lovely": He came closer to Lucifer with a wide grin: "then you can prove it with friendly spar with me, Your Majesty"

Lucifer looked at Alastor with disbelief, but it was clear that he was serious, while Alastor continued to speak, Lucifer was preoccupied with whether he should accept the combat with Alastor. He was anxious about the sins, overlords, and other approaching arrivals, as well as how his daughter would react to his decision. 

However, all he could think about was not wanting to appear weak in front of Alastor, despite his issues with self-control. When Alastor noticed Lucifer was buried in concentration, he approached him and asked him again if he would accept the duel. Lucifer eventually accepted, and Alastor, ecstatic with the agreement, proposed a friendly combat outside for practicalities. Alastor then went to talk with Rosie.

Meanwhile, Nifty, who had been chasing bugs, overheard the conversation about the duel and quickly informed the others.

It was time for the duel. Lucifer and Alastor were holding their swords, locking eyes with pride and determination. Angel Dust and Husk hurried to the garden to watch the fight, Angel Dust with his popcorn and Husk with his drink. Nifty perched on top of Husk's head, while Rosie joined them after Alastor asked her to be there to start and end the fight if necessary. She had agreed but just told Charlie and Vaggie that they would be in the garden, not about the fight.

Rosie gave the signal to begin, and Lucifer made the first move by swinging his weapon. Alastor avoided the hit, and Lucifer made an extra effort to counter it. "I guess you can fight," Lucifer muttered, pushing Alastor back and striking him on the side. Seeing an opening, Lucifer unleashed another attack, forcing Alastor to lose his sword. Before Lucifer could complete the fight, Alastor grabbed his knives and flung them at him, saying, "Do you think I would only carry a sword" 

As they continued to fight, Angel Dust munched on popcorn and talked with Husk about their wagers on the outcome of the match. Husk bet on Lucifer while Nifty bet on her boss. Angel Dust, however, refused to place a bet. Meanwhile, Charlie and Vaggie were in the kitchen making snacks, presuming they were stargazing or admiring the plants, only to find the father and hotel manager fighting in the garden.